Search for content in message boards

HODGE FAMILY OF CLARENDON CO, SC

HODGE FAMILY OF CLARENDON CO, SC

Posted: 17 Jun 2000 8:09PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 12:08AM GMT
I AM LOOKING FOR INFO ON CHARITY LURENA HODGE SHE WAS BORN ON MAY 27, 1872 AND DIED IN RICHMOND, VA ON NOV. 1, 1941. SHE MARRIED JOHN LAFAYETTE JOHNSON. ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Hodge -Clarendon County, SC

Posted: 11 Jul 2000 5:31PM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2001 4:05PM GMT
Please contact me since I know a lot of Hodges and used to live near Clarendon County.

hodge's of clarendon county

Posted: 11 Jul 2000 6:28PM GMT
I have been in touch with bobby thigpen who gave me lots of info on the Hodge's.
My great grandmother was Rebecca Lorena Charity Hodge. Her parents were James Everett Hodge and Maria Jane Frances Ridgeway Hodge. The info that Bobby gave me goes back to the 1700's. You can email me, if you will, with the info that you have, and if I have info that you need let me know and I will email it to you.

Thanks!

Hodges of Clarendon County

Posted: 12 Jul 2000 8:14AM GMT
Thank you for your prompt response and believe it or not I thinks the world gets smaller all the time. I used to know a Bobby Thigpen when I was a teenager, I wonder if this is the same Bobby Thigpen. Are you related to him? I'm sure that we do have some of the same relatives and I guess my question, are you and I related? I was born in Sumter, SC and both of my parents were from Sumter County and Clarendon County. We used to attend Providence Baptist Church and Home Branch Baptist. Will look in my files for your folks names and will be in touch again real soon. I wanted to respond so you would know that I had received your message. Keep in touch.

bobby thigpen

Posted: 12 Jul 2000 3:52PM GMT
My mother's father was Carlos Ridgeway. His sister was Macy Ridgeway and she married a Baggett. She had a daughter named Stella who married a Thigpen. Bobby is related to Stella's husband but I can't remember how.

I will ask Bobby if he remembers you.
Keep in touch!

bobby thigpen

Posted: 12 Jul 2000 7:34PM GMT
I talked with Bobby and he said that your name doesn't ring a bell. He also said that there were two other Bobby Thigpen's that were younger than him and it might be one of them that you knew. Give me your email address and I will send you the Hodge file that Bobby sent to me. It goes all the way back to the 1700's.We probably are related.

Bobby Thigpen

Posted: 13 Jul 2000 4:01AM GMT
Thanks Bev, the Bobby Thigpen that I know is probably the older one. He used to work at one of the grocery stores when he was younger, weighing produce if my memory serves me correctly. This of course was in Sumter, SC. I am from the older generation now. I graduated from high school in 1962 and left Sumter in 1965. My e-mail address is pattyhodge@mindspring.com. My sister and I are working on this project together and right now our biggest stumbling block is the location of where James William Wilcox Hodge was born and the burial place for Labin D. Hodge. We will certainly share any information that we have with you. Do you live in SC? Have a great day and thanks again.

I think we could be related.

Heather Hodge-Buese (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2000 7:28AM GMT
My grandparents were both from Clarendon Co. My Grandfather was Raymond Lee Hodge and my grandmother was Teletha Bryant. Her Mother was Cora Hodge. They all attended the same churches. Raymond past away when my father was a child so all I know is his name. I would like to know of any siblings he had or parents. And even how we are related. My closest relatives in Sumter are my uncles Hubert(Clarence) and Ray Hodge.

Hodge Family

To Heather (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2000 8:59AM GMT
Hi Heather,
My name is Lisa. And I am searching for relative's on the Hodge side. I have a picture that I would like you to see, it is the Hodge's from the late 1800's. My grandfather was a young man in it.His name is William Robert. We are having difficulty naming his other sibling's. Maybe there is a connection. It was taken in Mo. However he had so many sibling's maybe some of them ended up in Co.
E-mail me at PaPaGEH@Aol.Com and I will download picture for you.Thank-You for your time.Good Luck in your search. Lisa

South Carolina Hodge

Heather (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2000 7:06AM GMT
Lisa I'm sorry I can't help, but my Hodge ancestry resided in South Carolina.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic