Search for content in message boards

samuel gibson risk

samuel gibson risk

Posted: 29 Aug 2009 10:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: risk
hi im looking for infomation on samuel gibson risk
born 11/2/1880 died 4/8/1948 who was married to
margaret mcclelland born 27/6/1852 died 1919.
and their son or one of was arthur joesph risk born 11/2/1919. ( he is my grandfather . any infromation would be very helpfull

stephanie

Re: samuel gibson risk

Posted: 2 Sep 2009 5:14AM GMT
Sometimes it is harder to find people after 1900 especially when census only go to 1911 The USA is up to 1930.

I looked at the 1911 Census for Fermangh, which is the rootsweb message board you are on.

There are a number of persons on the 1911 Census but not in Fermanagh.

Samuel Risk age 50 (abt 1861) living as a boarder in the home of Charles Milligan, everyone Church of Ireland and born in what was known as Londonderry.
Samuel was listed as a painter and widowed, son Thomas 12, school and daughter Marget age 17 a factory worker.

The only Margaret was married to James Risk living on Cheviot Ave. Part of Victoria Co. Down. Married 10 years, born Scotland. James born Scotland, Presbyterian, an Engine Fitter, son James born Co. Down

These and 51 other Risk's listed in the 1911 Census of Ireland. www.nationalarchives.ie

Any births, marriages and deaths after 1864 can be accessed at the General Registry Office for either Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland. I only know the Dublin office does a 5 year search around a year, so exact dates are helpful but not always important.

www.familysearch.org is under maintenance at the moment but check there and also the PILOT program whose records go up to 1950's in Ireland. There were lots of US records for this name.

There was a Samuel Gibson Risk born in 1818 Co. Antrim and
a Samuel Risk born in 1827 Co. Down.

Annette Code
'genealogy for fun'

9 births for Margaret McClelland between 1849-1856 in records that only go to 1904. 3 in 1851 in Antrim as well as others in Donegal, Lough, Antrim, Down.
1 death for Margaret Risk 1870.

I usually advise people look to two websites with generic information for searching Counties of Ireland:

www.censusfinder.com United Kingdom+Ireland+Co. (Derry)*

www.igp-web.com + County

*In Co. Derry in the 1600-1900 Freeholders & Voters List is a Samuel Risk.

There are no Risk families listed in the www.eircomphonebook.ie for Derry or Fermanagh, I didn't check each County.

Posted: 2 Sep 2009 5:24AM GMT
There is a Samuel Gibson Risk in 1930 in Kyogle,Richmond New South Wales, Australia ?AC

Posted: 30 Dec 2010 1:02AM GMT
hi,
annie risk was married to james lumsden. They had 2 boys and 1 girl. The boys were twins, one of them married samuel risk married irene beiger, they are my grandparents.

maybe we can help each other out with information.
regards,
bronwyn

Posted: 4 Jan 2011 8:11AM GMT
Hi brownyn,
i do have Annie Risk m to James Lumsden.i just dont have any children for them. i would be happy to swap any information .

Posted: 12 Oct 2011 6:13AM GMT
Surnames: Risk
Hi Stephanie

I have also been researching my family history and my 3 x great grandfather was Samuel Gibson Risk also. My Great Grandmother was Jane Elizabeth Risk their first born. I would love to hear from you, especially if you have more information.

Thanks Petrea

Posted: 13 Oct 2011 1:47AM GMT
Dear Petrea,
Im finding thigs abit hard here ive gone back as much as i can, but im happy to share info with you and im thoughts are family is family no matter how distant it is . hope to hear from you soon

Posted: 13 Oct 2011 1:48AM GMT
hope all is well with you , sorry i havent been in touch , i havent had a computer and now im sending messages while im on my lunch break. hope to hear from you soon

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 3:35PM GMT
From what i understand my great grandmother was called Elizabeth Risk (1837-1915-approx)She had a sister Margaret Risk(1834-1915 approx) and a brother Samuel Risk who had a butcher's shop in Londonderry in Ireland,Their father was called James and I think their mother was called Jane from Glasgow.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions