Search for content in message boards

Virginia/West Virginia Day's

Virginia/West Virginia Day's

Posted: 23 Jul 2010 2:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone have information on any of the day family that lived in Hampshire county WV/VA. I have found some reference to Frederick county Virginia as well.
I have names for William Day 1801 married to Ann Pugh. there was a reference to a William Day-Nancy Brown but run into a road block. All help would be appreciated

Re: William & Ann (Pugh) Day, Hampshire Co., (West) Virginia

Posted: 23 Jul 2010 5:20AM GMT
I have compiled information on William Day who married Ann Pugh in 1824 and lived in Hampshire Co., VA (now WV).

William Day was the son of Amery & Nancy (Brown) Day. Amery was certainly his father, and the erroneous claims that Nancy Brown's first husband was named William should be ignored.

I have posted information on this familt at Rootsweb:
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&d...

You will find notes and details in the notes under some individuals. For instance, Nancy (Brown) Day Henderson apparently left her first husband in 1798 and then married Thomas Henderson. Her brother, Isaac Brown, is an ancestor of Richard Nixon.

I suspect a connection between these Days and the Ambrose & Winnifred Day family (with sons Lewis, Willis and John) that I have researched, who came from Culpeper Co. and to Hampshire Co. in the 1790s.

There was a Ransom Day who also lived next to Thomas Henderson, and I suspect that he was a brother of Ammery who married Nancy Brown. I don't see it in my notes now, but seem to recall that this Ransom was a bell maker.

I will paste some DAY family details I compiled and transcribed from Hampshire Co., VA/WV records.

--Nick Sheedy

Compiled records for people named Day, Dye, Dew, Doe etc., primarily from records and compilations at the Hampshire Co. Courthouse and the Public Library in Romney , West Virginia compiled October 2004 by Nick Sheedy.

Note, The records of Hampshire County are incomplete, due mainly to lost records. There may be some original records to be found in places other than the County Courthouse . I believe that I located all available records for people named Day, etc. in Hampshire Co., Virginia prior to 1800. As the people I am researching moved to Mason Co., KY by the mid 1790s, I was less thorough abstracting records in Hampshire Co. after 1800. I photocopied only a few original records. The following should be used as a reference to locate and use the original records.

–Nick Sheedy, John Day , Oregon ( nsheedy@yahoo.com )

Hampshire Co., VW Deed Book 1

GRANTEE INDEX

No people named Day listed.

“D. W.” and “David W.” Barton bought land twice in 1828, and in 1831, 1839, 1840, 1846, twice in 1847, and in 1852.

Hampshire Co., VW Deed Book 1

GRANTOR INDEX

Lewis Day to William Johnson (1791), “B. of S.” Deed Book 8, pp. 315-316.

[photo-copied original record—NMS]

Lewis Day sold personal property to William Johnson, including beds and furniture, a sorrel horse and blacksmith’s tools. It was signed 2 May 1791 and witnessed by Rodham James and Winny Day. Winny day proved the deed at the Hampshire Co. Court 15 Sept. 1791. [Winifred “Winny” Day was probably the same, wife—or widow at this point—of Ambrose Day of Culpeper Co., and thus mother of Lewis Day. Shortly after this—certainly within a couple years—this Day family moved to Mason Co., Kentucky.—NMS]

William Day to Jno. Wolford (deed, 1813), Deed Book 18, p. 156.

Ammery Day to Ransom Day (1815), “B. of D.” Deed Book 19, pp. 139-140.

Amory Day sold personal property to Ransom Day (no mention of wives) for consideration of $35.83. This included beds, blankets, chests, a spinning wheel and many other household goods and tools that were in a tenement where Ammery day then lived, but apparently did not include the real estate. (So Ransom apparently did not purchase the land from Ammery Day, but that doesn’t mean that one of them did not own or buy the land otherwise.)

In this record, his name is spelled Ammery most places, and once Amery. It was signed “Ammery Day” and witnessed by Sam’l Dever and Alex’dr Monroe. Dated 8 Sept. 1815 and presented to the Hampshire Co. Court 17 April 1815.

William Day to Jno. Arnold (1816), Deed Book 20, p. 244.

Thomas Dye’s heirs sold land in 1821 and 1822.

Ransom Day to W. A. Herskill [sometimes mis-transcribed “Hershell”] (1830), “D. of T.” Deed Book 27, pp. 215-217.

This is a very long and interesting record. Ransom Day owed Alexander Dever $69.16, to be paid 13 Feb. 1831 , by note bearing date 13 Feb. 1830 . The present deed from Ransom Day and Anna his wife was made to William A. Herskill of the second part and mentioned Alexander Dever of the third part, and conveyed 87 acres of land and all personal property thereon to W.A. Herskill as security for the debt. Ransom Day and his family were to continue to reside and use all the land and personal property described unless Ransom Day was found to be in default of the debt, at which time it was to go up for auction to satisfy the debt. This indenture describes the tract of land as being purchased by Ransom Day from William Day and his wife Jane by a deed dated 1 December 1811 . This land adjoined land owned by the heirs of Thomas Henderson in 1830. The deed was dated and presented to the Hampshire Co. Court 13 Aug. 1830 and signed by Ransom Day, Anna (mark) Day, Wm. Hershell and Alexander Dever.

[The fact should be noted that Ransom Day’s neighbor, Thomas Henderson, had shacked up with Nancy (Brown) Day by 1798; Nancy had three children, Larkin Day Henderson (b. 1790), William Day (b. 1801) and John Day; the apparent father of these three boys was Amery Day who was appointed guardian of his minor son, William, in 1817, after the death of Nancy (Brown) Day Henderson. This establishes a connection between Ammery Day, the three children by Nancy (Brown) Day, William Day (who was an adult in the 1700s and early 1810s) and Ransom Day, the last two owning the land adjacent to Thomas Henderson.]

Edward Day sold land in 1837.

John Day to Isaac Vannorsdell (1838), Deed Book 33, p. 75.

Ransom Day to Eli. D. Chadwick, (1841), Deed Book 35, pp. 424-425.

Ransom Day and Anna his wife sold 32 ¼ acres of land to Eli D. Chadwick, by deed dated 5 August 1841 . The land had been purchased by Ransom Day by deed dated 3 April 1811 [from William Day], and was situated on the Little Cacaphon, adjoinging lands of Smart (?) and Patterson and cornering with land owned by Joseph Stanis (?). The deed was sigend by Ransom Day and Anna (mark) Day, and proved by Ransom Day at the Hampshire Court , George Sharf and Wm. A Herskill, presiding.

John R. Dye sold land a number of times in the 1850s.

Samuel Dew sold land to Thomas Wharton (1764), Deed Book 1, p. 248

Samuel Dew sold land six times between 1816 and 1824.

The heirs of Samuel Dew sold land in 1830, 1831, 1837, 1838, 1839, 1840 and 1850.

Samuel Dew posted a number of bonds in Hampshire Co., the earliest one appears to be dated 14 June 1787 , Hampshire Co. Deed Book D., pp. 164, 173, 175, 176 & 177.

Kimber Barton to Mary Burbridge (1795), Deed Book 10, p. 68-70.

(copied original record)

By deed dated 4 April 1795 , Kimber Barton and Elizabeth his wife sold to Mary Burnbridge, all of Hampshire Co., for ₤330, 94 acres of land on Patterson Creek, which Kimber and Elizabeth Barton purchased from Abraham Blew (Blue) in 1795. The deed was signed by Kimber Barton and Elizabeth Barton, and witnessed by John Mitchel, Alex. King, John McBride and Tho.s Hollinback.

(NOTE: Kimber Barton was born 26 Nov 1745, New Britian Twp., Bucks Co., Pennsylvania, the son of Thomas and Mary (Kimber) Barton; he apparently moved to Fauquier Co., VA, then to Hampshire Co., (now) West Virginia, and then removed to Mason County Kentucky about 1795 or 1796. About 1800, the Kimber Barton family settled in Green Twp., Scioto Co., Ohio . Kimber Barton’s wife was Elizabeth Lewis, and they had at least eleven children who were early settlers in Kentucky , Ohio , Illinois and Missouri . Their daughter, Sarah Barton, married (about 1790 or before) Willis Day (abt. 1766-1825), son of Ambrose and Winifred Day of Culpeper Co., Virginia, who also removed to Mason Co., Kentucky in the mid 1790s, residing near Minerva, and then to Green Twp., Scioto Co., Ohio in 1815-16.—NMS)

Henry Barton (or Batton) appears in Deed Books in Hampshire County as early as 1761 and through 1778.

Joseph “Brittain” sold land in Hampshire County twice in 1764.

Simon Barton (or Batton) recorded a lease and release twice in 1783.

West Virginia Estate Settlements, compiled by Ross B. Johnston (genealogical Publishing Co., Baltimore , 1977) shows only one person named Day:

“Anory Day, L.G.” -- regarding a land grant, dated 29 November 1802 .

[This is undoubtedly Ammery Day from other records.—NMS]

The will of Thomas Henderson was dated 6 November 1815 and proved 30 April 1818 , in Hampshire Co., VA. It mentions his "wife, Nancey" [evidently formerly Day; the context infers that Nancy was deceased when he wrote his will in 1815—she certainly was dead by 1817].

He lists heirs: Larkin Day, William Day and John Day , sons of Nancy Day--inferring that they were his sons (actually step-sons).

He also lists an heir "my son John Grant."

The executor was Larkin Day.

Witnesses were John Hiet, Amery Day, Adam Brown and David Brown.

[Note: Amery Day, witness to Thomas Henderson's will, was probably the same, father of the thee boys, Larkin, William and John, who's mother, Nancy had shacked up with and possibly married Thomas Henderson.--NMS.]

Amry Day purchased the following items at an estate sale of John Busby, 4 January 1811 :

old saw and chisel for .61

4 tins for .36

1 pewter dish for .95

and a box of old iron for .34.

(Hampshire Co., VA, Will Book 5, pp. 203 - 206)

[Note: John Busby's son, William, married Margaret Day (1768-1855) who was born in Culpeper Co., VA and died in Romney, Hampshire Co., VA.—NMS]

Lewis Day was a witness to a lease and release, dated 9 October 1786, and recorded 13 April 1787 in Hampshire Co., VA: Thomas Dobins and wife Elizabeth leased 222 ac. of land on Cabbin Run to David Long. Other witnesses were Abraham Johnson, William Johnson,
Jr., John Johnson, John Turvey.

Lewis Day appears in the 1787 tax list of Hampshire Co., VA (next to Winny Day and near William Day on the list). He apparently had no dependants, no horses and no cattle.

Lewis Day signed a petition from New Creek, Hampshire Co., VA, dated 26 September 1787 : a Petition To Add A Portion of Hardy County to Hampshire County , Virginia .

Lewis Day was a defendant in Hampshire County (Virginia) Court, 15 March 1788 (Hampshire County Minute Book, page 8)
He was a defendant in Hampshire County (Virginia) Court, 16 August 1788 (Hampshire County Minute Book, page 28)
(These court books were not to be found when I visited the Hampshire Co., WV courthouse. A microfilmed index of the old--apparently lost--court book was located at the Family History Center in Salt Lake City .)

In 1790 Lewis Day (along with William Day, and a long list of others) signed a Religious Petition from Hardy Co. and Hampshire Co. VA, dated October 28, 1790 : "To sell one glebe and purchase another. ... All People that is for the Sale of the Gleeb are Desired to set their names down for ______ to be seal'd to ___tion."

"Winney Day" appears on the 1787 personal tax list of Hampshire Co., VA (next to Lewis Day, and near one William Day on the list). She had one horse and one cow. She was apparently
widowed and was listed as "not tithable."

"Winny Day", along with James Rodham, witnessed a bill of sale, dated 2 May 1791 , in Hampshire Co., VA: Lewis Day sold a horse and some personal property to William Johnson, all of Hampshire Co.

"Wheny Day", along with Abraham Johnson, John Snyder and John Dowden, witnessed a deed, dated 27 October 1792 and recorded 30 October 1792 , in Hampshire Co., VA: William Johnson and wife Charity sold 75 ac. of land on Patterson Creek to Peter Gooset.

Hampshire County Minute book Abstracts, by Vicki Bidinger Horton.

Vol. I : 1788-1802

Vol. II : 1817-1823

Vol. I, p. 39

16 May 1788

“Ordered that Martin Picket pay unto Thomas Chilton 470 lbs of tobacco for two days attendance at this court and for coming and returning once one hundred and five miles as a witness for said martin against William Day.”

Vol. I, p. 212

12 Nov. 1789

William Day (with others) was sworn on a grand jury. They found an indictment against John Hansbrough for assaulting Benjamin Neal to be a true bill.

Vol. I, p. 246

15 Aug. 1796

William Day (with others) was sworn on a grand jury and considered several cases.

Vol. I, p. 277

19 Nov. 1798

Thomas Henderson was indicted by a grand jury for living in adultery with Nancy Day.

[The fact that Henderson was charged with adultery indicates that he or Nancy Day was married at the time. Laws in Virginia at that time seem to have permitted a divorce, but a woman was prohibited from marrying again (and sometimes traveled to Pennsylvania or Kentucky to officiate a second marriage). Nancy (Brown) was the daughter of Alexander brown, an Irish immigrant who lived in Frederick Co., Virginia—and Alexander Brown is an ancestor of President Richard Nixon. Nancy apparently married Ammery Day (sometimes given as Ambrose or Ambry or William) and had three children by him: Larkin (b. 1790), John (b. ?) and William Day (b. 1801). Ammery Day was appointed guardian of his son William in 1817. It is interesting to note that William Day (b. 1801) was born after this 1798 indictment that Nancy Day and Thomas Henderson were living together, and they apparently were living together later as well. Larkin Day (b. 1790) later assumed the surname Henderson . Larkin Day Henderson married Mary Kees and raised a family; William Day married Ann Pugh and raised a family; I have found nothing of their brother, John Day, but he may have married a woman named Jane who is found in the 1850 census, living next door to William Day; Jane Day was apparently single (perhaps widowed) with sons James Day (b. abt. 1833) and John Day (b. abt. 1840).—NMS]

Vol. I, p. 313

12 Aug. 1790

Kimber Barton (with others) was sworn on a grand jury; several cases were presented.

Vol. 2, p. 24

19 Aug. 1817

“Amsey [Amery] Day appointed guardian for his son, Wm. Day, whereupon he gave bond, the said William having madechoise of said Amsey [Amery].”

[NOTE: This would confirm that Ammery Day was the father of William Day, and probably John Day and Larkin Day (the last of whom assumed the surname Henderson from his step father), sons of Nancy (Brown) Day who had shacked up with Thomas Henderson in Hampshire Co. by 1798. William Day was born in 1801, making him still a minor in 1817; Larkin Day Henderson was born in 1790, and the fact that John Day does not appear in a guardian record would suggest he was no longer a minor in 1817 (or had died). Nancy (Brown) Day Henderson apparently died about 1817.—NMS]

[Many people named Hiett, Hyatt, etc. appear in Hampshire records from the 1780s through the mid 1800s. One Stephen Hiett, who probably previously lived in Hampshire Co., Virginia, moved to Mason Co., Kentucky and married a widow named Mary Day in 1803. She had children named Morgan, Presley, Charity and Maria Day; Mary’s first husband may have been Lewis Day, but was certainly some relation to the Ambrose & Winifred Day family from Culpeper Co., Virginia.—NMS]

Ann (Pugh) Day, daughter of Jacob & Elizabeth Pugh, died 7 Oct. 1874 , age 70 yrs, 17 days. Her son, Alexander Day reported the death to the Hampshire Co., Court, and stated that her husband was William Day. [This was William (b. 1801), son of Ammery Day and Nancy (Brown) Day Henderson.—NMS]

Mary (Day) Busby was born 5 April 1768 in Culpeper Co., Virginia, and died 10 August 1855 in Romney, Hampshire Co., Virginia (now West Virginia ). Her husband was one William Busby (sometimes Busbey). She was buried in Indian Mound Cemetery in Romney. [The fact that she was born in Culpeper Co. suggests a connection to the Ambrose and Winifred Day family.—NMS] Source given as: Death record in Virginia State Archives, and tombstone inscription in Indian Mound Cemetery , Romney, VW.

[These two items come from Old Frederick County , Virginia Historical Series, Vol. II, Historical Records of Old Frederick and Hampshire Counties , Virginia , compiled by Wilmer L. Kerns, Gregath Co., Cullman , AL , pp. 35-36]

1782 State enumerations for Hampshire Co., Virginia show the following:

Samuel Dew : 9 whites, 2 blacks, List of William Buffington.

John Doe : 4 whites 0 blacks, List of Michael Cresap.

(Historic Hampshire, ed. By Selden W. Brannon, McClain Printing, Parsons, WV, 1976 –FHL # 975.495 H2b)

Hampshire County Minute Book

1788-89 (or 1788-1791)

http://www.rootsweb.com/~wvhampsh/

http://www.rootsweb.com/~wvhampsh/mntbk.htm

Mentions:

Lewis Day

William Day

John Doe

Richard Doe

“Samuel Dew”

“Solomon Dew”

“Thimber Barten” = Kimber Barton

Richard Roe/Row

Hampshire County Court Minute Book

1788-1789

(or 1788-1791??)

The following named were transcribed from an index at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City . I failed to find the original Minute Book when I personally visited Romney, Hampshire Co., West Virginia in 2004.—NMS

The minute book abstracts for 1788-89 are 81 pages

A copy of the original minute book may be found on LDS microfilm #0249993.

INDEX:

Barten, “Thimber” 17 June 1788 Witness p. 20

Day, Lewis 15 March 1788 Defendant p. 8

Day, Lewis 16 August 1788 Defendant p. 28

Day, William 16 May 1788 Defendant p. 14

Day, William 16 May 1788 Plaintiff p. 14

Day, William 14 July 1788 Plaintiff p. 21

Day, William 15 May 1789 Defendant p. 67

Day, William 14 August 1789 Defendant p. 73

Day, William 15 August 1789 Defendant p. 76

Dew, Samuel: pp. 31, 1 , 21, 21, 67, 53, 69

Dew, Solomon: p. 17

Doe, John 17 May 1788 Plaintiff p. 17

Doe, John 15 August 1788 Plaintiff p. 26

Doe, John 16 October 1788 Plaintiff p. 33

Doe, John 13 March 1789 Plaintiff p. 42

Doe, John 15 May 1789 Plaintiff p. 63

Doe, Richard 15 August 1788 Defendant p. 26

Doe, Richard 16 October 1788 Defendant p. 33

Doe, Richard 13 March 1789 Defendant p. 42

(end of compilation by Nick Sheedy)

Re: William & Ann (Pugh) Day, Hampshire Co., (West) Virginia

Posted: 23 Jul 2010 12:29PM GMT
Thank you so much for the information. I had planned to come to WV to look through records in Romney and go to slanesville where a lot of the family had lived but unforseen circumstances keep me from going this time. My dad's part of the family had lived in springfield WV. the courthouse burned down years ago and took those records with them.
I had found Ann Pugh's and william's Marriage bond- and Death records but nothing on his referred to parents. I came across this on my research.

Day & Pugh Research

Descendants of William Day & Ann Pugh
This is a set of PAF-generated hypertext pages that contains information about
the descendants of William and Ann. Source information is included, but some
information, including personal notes for individuals, has been omitted. If you
want such information for a particular person (assuming I have any)... contact
me directly.

Here is a quick look at a few generations of descendants of William Day and Ann
Pugh (generated on Sunday, August 06, 2000 ):
1 William Day b: January 11, 1801 Hampshire Co, VA d: October 22, 1873 in Hampshire Co, WV
. +Anna Pugh b: October 21, 1804 VA d: October 07, 1874 in Hampshire Co, WV m: June 14, 1824 in Hampshire Co, VA
2 Harriet Day b: Abt. 1826 VA d: Unknown in Unknown
. 3 Sarah Day b: Abt. 1859 d: October 06, 1875 in Hampshire Co, WV
.. +Henry Durst b: Abt. 1822 MD d: Unknown m: March 10, 1865 in Cumberland, MD
. 3 Lucy Durst b: Abt. 1855 VA
... 4 John Durst b: Abt. 1878 VA
... 4 Rosa L. Durst b: April 1880 VA
. 3 Emily Durst b: Abt. 1865 WV
. 3 Caroline R. Durst b: Abt. 1867 WV
. 3 Loretta F. Durst b: Abt. 1869 WV
2 Alexander Day b: August 14, 1827 Hampshire Co, VA d: January 04, 1901 in Hampshire Co, WV
.. +Caroline Smoot b: September 09, 1830 Gore District, Hampshire Co, VA d: March 17, 1882 in Gore District, Hampshire Co, WV m: July 03, 1855
. 3 Sarah Ann Day b: December 10, 1856 d: October 26, 1884 in Hampshire Co, WV
. 3 Mary Francis Day b: January 09, 1858 d: October 28, 1875
. 3 Benjamin Franklin Day b: August 25, 1861 d: October 30, 1862
. 3 Rebecca Elizabeth Day b: October 01, 1863 d: February 25, 1874
. 3 Virginia Bell Day b: October 24, 1866
.... +John William Thomas Rowzee b: December 02, 1865
. 3 John William Day b: July 17, 1869 Gore District, Hampshire Co, WV d: June 06, 1946 in Points, WV Burial: June 1946 Wesley Chapel Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
.... +Mary Elizabeth Rowzee b: December 31, 1861 Hampshire Co, VA d: March 19, 1948 in Shepherdstown, WV m: May 20, 1894 in Cumberland, MD Burial: March 1948 Wesley Chapel Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
... 4 James Edgar Day b: December 16, 1894 Points, WV d: July 25, 1975 in Sheperdstown, WV
...... +Frances Rachel Louthan b: December 19, 1897 d: October 04, 1980 in Shepardstown, WV m: September 06, 1920 in Sheperdstown, WV
... 4 John Nelson Day b: 1896 WV d: 1972 Burial: 1972 Mt Bethel Cemetery, Three Churches, Hampshire Co, WV
...... +Elsie P. Lewis b: 1896 d: 1973 m: Unknown Burial: 1973 Mt Bethel Cemetery, Three Churches, Hampshire Co, WV
... 4 George H. Day b: 1898 WV d: 1947 Burial: 1947 Wesley Chapel Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
... 4 Loudon Day b: Abt. 1901 WV
... 4 Roy A. Day b: July 07, 1902 d: July 22, 1908 Burial: July 1908 Wesley Chapel Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
. 3 Chloe Henrittia Day b: January 26, 1872 Hampshire Co, WV d: October 08, 1872 in Hampshire Co, WV
*2nd Wife of Alexander Day:
.. +Cloe Ellen Smoot b: Abt. 1845 m: July 16, 1885 in Cumberland, Allegany Co, MD
2 Nimrod Day b: October 1829 VA d: April 15, 1913 in Hampshire Co, WV
.. +Susan S. Largent b: November 1839 VA d: Aft. 1899 m: Abt. 1858
. 3 John R. Day b: Abt. 1863 WV
. 3 Mary A. Day b: Abt. 1865 WV
. 3 George B. C. Day b: Abt. 1869 WV d: September 20, 1870 in Hampshire Co, WV Burial: September 1870
. 3 David N. Day b: July 19, 1870 Hampshire Co, WV
. 3 Cora C. Day b: April 1873 WV
. 3 Sophronia A. Day b: February 1878 WV
. 3 Nettie A. Day b: September 1886 WV
2 Joseph Day b: June 1833 VA d: 1917 Burial: 1917 Wesley Chapel Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
.. +Mary Jane Pugh b: April 09, 1840 Hampshire Co, VA d: April 28, 1908 m: 1858 in Allegany Co, MD Burial: April 1908 Wesley Chapel Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
. 3 Anna Elizabeth Day b: August 1859 VA d: August 18, 1921 in Cumberland, MD Burial: August 20, 1921 Wesley Chapel Methodist Church Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
. 3 Sarah M. Day b: August 25, 1861 VA d: May 29, 1914
. 3 Mary G. E. Day b: March 1863 VA d: February 06, 1938 in Hampshire Co, WV Burial: Wesley Chapel Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
. 3 Rhoda Day b: Abt. 1868 WV d: Unknown
. 3 Robert James Day b: March 06, 1868 Hampshire Co, WV d: March 15, 1939 in Hampshire Co, WV Burial: March 1868 Mt Bethel Cemetery, Three Churches, Hampshire Co, WV
.... +Bertha Ellen Lewis b: June 27, 1884 Hampshire Co, WV d: August 08, 1937 m: January 06, 1904 in Hampshire Co, WV Burial: August 1937 Mt Bethel Cemetery, Three Churches, Hampshire Co, WV
... 4 Oscar Lee Day b: 1905 WV d: October 11, 1978 Burial: October 1978 Mt Bethel Cemetery, Three Churches, Hampshire Co, WV
...... +Nora V. Grabiel b: January 22, 1915 Levels, Hampshire Co, WV d: January 28, 2000 in Cumberland, Allegany Co, MD m: Unknown Burial: February 01, 2000 Wesley Chapel Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
... 4 James A. Day b: Abt. 1908 WV d: 1981 Burial: 1981 Forest Glen Cemetery, Green Spring, Hampshire Co, WV
... 4 Harvey J. Day b: Abt. 1909 WV
... 4 Mamie M. Day b: Abt. 1910 WV
. 3 Charles W. Day b: July 1870 WV
. 3 Nannie V. Day b: August 1872 WV d: 1946 Burial: 1946 Wesley Chapel Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
.... +Jacob Rufus Shanholtzer b: Abt. 1882 Hampshire Co, WV d: Unknown m: September 17, 1901 in Hampshire Co, WV Burial: Unknown Wesley Chapel Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
. 3 Laura Hannah Day b: March 11, 1875 Hampshire Co, WV d: August 19, 1941 in Cumberland, Allegany Co, MD Burial: August 21, 1941 Wesley Chapel Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
. 3 Benjamin F. Day b: April 30, 1878 Hampshire Co, WV d: April 18, 1934 in Hampshire Co, WV Burial: April 1934 Wesley Chapel Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
.... +Bertha A. M. ? b: Abt. 1892 WV d: 1953 m: Bef. 1911 Burial: 1953 Wesley Chapel Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
... 4 Bessie L. Day b: Abt. 1911 WV
... 4 Elsie E. Day b: Abt. 1914 WV
... 4 Joseph B. Day b: Abt. 1917 WV d: 1990 Burial: 1917 Wesley Chapel Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
... 4 Samuel H. Day b: Abt. 1919 WV
2 Sarah Elizabeth Day b: May 26, 1837 Hampshire Co, WV d: July 18, 1913 in Hampshire Co, WV Burial: July 1913 Wesley Chapel Methodist Church Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
.. +John A. Kaylor b: August 20, 1839 Hampshire Co, WV d: October 18, 1912 in Hampshire Co, WV m: Abt. 1860 in Hampshire Co, WV (probably) Burial: October 1912 Wesley Chapel Methodist Church Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
. 3 Thomas William Kaylor b: August 31, 1866 WV d: November 14, 1950
.... +Sarah Frances Miller b: May 1865 WV d: January 18, 1944 m: May 30, 1890 in Hampshire Co, WV
... 4 Myrtle Lake Kaylor b: March 12, 1891 d: October 1978 Burial: October 1978 Mt Olivet Cemetery, Frederick Co, MD
...... +Charles Leslie Kolb b: May 16, 1890 d: April 07, 1967 in Frederick, Frederick Co, MD m: December 02, 1914 in Cumberland, Allegany Co, MD Burial: April 11, 1967 Mt Olivet Cemetery, Frederick Co, MD
... 4 Thomas Harley Kaylor b: March 04, 1894 WV d: October 18, 1972
...... +Sarah Ann Elizabeth Robison b: September 03, 1886 d: November 16, 1985 m: Unknown
... 4 Frances Elizabeth Kaylor b: May 10, 1896 d: March 16, 1986
...... +William Kirk Moreland b: Abt. 1897 d: Abt. 1951 m: September 14, 1918 in Cumberland, Allegany Co, MD
. 3 Mary Ellen Kaylor b: June 15, 1869 d: February 11, 1898 in Hampshire Co, WV Burial: February 1898 Wesley Chapel Methodist Church Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
. 3 John Edward Kaylor b: August 12, 1872 Hampshire Co, WV d: July 24, 1929 in Cumberland, MD Burial: July 27, 1929 Wesley Chapel Methodist Church Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
.... +Nancy Vianna Cooper b: February 20, 1874 WV d: May 17, 1964 in Cumberland, Allegany Co, MD m: September 18, 1896 in Hampshire Co, WV Burial: May 20, 1964 Wesley Chapel Methodist Church Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
... 4 Edna P. Kaylor b: June 1897 MD
...... +Roy Puffenberger b: Abt. 1898 WV m: Unknown
... 4 Anna Lee Kaylor b: May 1899 WV d: July 11, 1900 Burial: July 1900 Wesley Chapel Methodist Church Cemetery, Points, Hampshire Co, WV
... 4 Maud H. Kaylor b: Abt. 1901
... 4 Mary Elizabeth Kaylor b: Abt. 1902 WV d: Unknown
...... +Paul Nathan Davidson b: Abt. 1899 d: Unknown m: June 01, 1920 in Cumberland, Allegany Co, MD
... 4 Gertrude Viola Kaylor b: October 07, 1903 MD d: June 1982 in Cumberland, Allegany Co, MD
...... +Elmer William Laber b: Abt. 1903 m: September 28, 1925 in Cumberland, Allegany Co, MD
... *2nd Husband of Gertrude Viola Kaylor:
...... +? Myers b: Unknown m: Aft. 1926
... 4 Rosa May Kaylor b: October 28, 1904 Allegany Co, MD d: Unknown
...... +Benjamin Roy Appel b: Abt. 1901 d: Unknown m: December 23, 1926 in Cumberland, Allegany Co, MD
... 4 Audrey Margaret Kaylor b: February 24, 1906 Allegany Co, MD d: June 26, 1982 in Cumberland, Allegany Co, MD Burial: June 29, 1982 Zion Memorial Park, Cumberland, Allegany Co, MD
...... +John Emerson Hite b: July 14, 1898 PA d: April 19, 1968 in Cumberland, Allegany Co, MD m: October 11, 1921 in Cumberland, Allegany Co, MD Burial: April 22, 1968 Zion Memorial Park, Cumberland, Allegany Co, MD
... 4 Josephine M. Kaylor b: Abt. 1909 MD
...... +John Martin b: Abt. 1904 m: May 09, 1927 in Cumberland, Allegany Co, MD
... *2nd Husband of Josephine M. Kaylor:
...... +? Lopez m: Aft. 1928
... 4 Floyd William Kaylor b: September 14, 1912 Patterson Creek, Mineral Co, WV d: July 01, 1998 in Cumberland, Allegany Co, MD
...... +Dolores Mary Wintermyer b: Unknown d: January 16, 1995 m: Unknown
. 3 Lucille Kaylor b: May 19, 1875 Hampshire Co, WV d: June 01, 1875 in Hampshire Co, WV
. 3 Harriett Henrietta Kaylor b: May 26, 1877 Hampshire Co, WV d: June 20, 1963 in Cumberland, MD Burial: June 23, 1963 Rest Lawn Memorial Gardens, Lavale, Allegany Co, MD
.... +? b: Unknown m: Bef. 1904
... 4 Gladys Kaylor b: June 02, 1904 Hampshire Co, WV d: 1926 Burial: 1926 Martin Cemetery, Little Orleans, Allegany Co, MD
...... +William Didawick b: Unknown d: Unknown m: Bef. 1919
... *2nd Husband of Gladys Kaylor:
...... +Albert R. Shoemaker b: November 28, 1902 Philson, Somerset Co, PA d: December 31, 1966 in Cleveland, Cuyahoga Co, OH m: Bef. 1924 in Unknown Burial: January 04, 1967 Sunset Memorial Park, North Olmstead, Cuyahoga Co, OH
... *3rd Husband of Gladys Kaylor:
...... +Earl Appel b: Abt. 1903 MD d: 1964 m: Unknown Burial: 1964 Martin Cemetery, Little Orleans, Allegany Co, MD
. *2nd Husband of Harriett Henrietta Kaylor:
.... +Benjamin Ashby Didawick b: July 28, 1870 Hampshire Co, WV d: December 05, 1921 in Akron, OH m: March 21, 1910 in Hampshire Co, WV Burial: December 1921 Loom, Hampshire Co, WV
2 Rebecca A. Day b: Abt. 1838
2 Thomas L. Day b: December 1840 VA d: May 1913 in Hampshire Co, WV
.. +Margaret Ann Moreland b: Abt. 1848 VA d: September 1875 in Hampshire Co, WV m: February 25, 1873 in Hampshire Co, WV Burial: Hampshire Co, WV
. 3 William J. Day b: October 11, 1873 Hampshire Co, WV d: 1928 Burial: 1928 Salem United Methodist Cemetery, Slanesville, Hampshire Co, WV
.... +Annie S. ? b: Abt. 1880 WV d: 1946 m: Abt. 1903 Burial: 1946 Salem United Methodist Cemetery, Slanesville, Hampshire Co, WV
... 4 William Z. Day b: May 1909 WV
2 Jonathan Day b: 1843 Hampshire Co, VA d: 1906 Burial: 1906 Salem United Methodist Church Cemetery, Slanesville, Hampshire Co, WV
.. +Mary Ann Betson b: August 1856 WV d: 1941 m: August 05, 1875 in Hampshire Co, WV Burial: 1941 Salem United Methodist Church Cemetery, Slanesville, Hampshire Co, WV
. 3 Virginia Day b: 1876 d: Unknown
.... +George Washington Fishel b: February 22, 1870 d: March 17, 1936 m: September 24, 1899 in Hampshire Co, WV
... 4 Jesse Hannon Fishel b: December 20, 1914 Higginsville, Hampshire Co, WV d: November 06, 1996 in Winchester, VA Burial: November 08, 1996 Salem United Methodist Church Cemetery, Slanesville, Hampshire Co, WV
...... +Gladys Lewis d: 1991
... 4 Opel Fishel b: Unknown
. 3 Catherine V. Day b: Abt. 1878
. 3 Benjamin Taylor Day b: September 05, 1880 Hampshire Co, WV d: August 30, 1940
.... +Bessie Jane Haines b: April 26, 1884 Hampshire Co, WV d: October 18, 1947 m: July 09, 1913 in Hampshire Co, WV
... 4 Nellie V. Day b: September 27, 1913 d: July 19, 1923
... 4 Ruby E. Day b: January 15, 1924 d: August 27, 1925
... 4 Alta Day b: Unknown
... 4 Bennie Day b: Unknown
... 4 Doris Day b: Unknown
... 4 Ernest Day b: Unknown
... 4 Eunice Day b: Unknown
... 4 Mildred Day b: Unknown
... 4 Pauline Day b: Unknown
... 4 Roseanna Day b: Unknown
... 4 Wilson Day b: Unknown
. 3 Martha Anna Day b: May 1882 Hampshire Co, WV d: 1946
.... +William F. Ullery b: Abt. 1869 Hampshire Co, WV d: 1952 m: November 28, 1906 in Hampshire Co, WV
... 4 Alta Ullery b: Unknown
... 4 Bennie Ullery b: Unknown
... 4 Doris Ullery b: Unknown
... 4 Eunice Ullery b: Unknown
... 4 Irvin Ullery b: Unknown
... 4 Mildred Ullery b: Unknown
... 4 Nellie Ullery b: Unknown
... 4 Richard Ullery b: Unknown
... 4 Roseanna Ullery b: Unknown
. 3 Jonathan Day b: December 26, 1883 Hampshire Co, WV d: April 19, 1932
.... +Nannie Myrtle Kidwell b: May 23, 1890 d: March 01, 1938
... 4 Curtis B. Day b: September 27, 1908
... 4 Irvin Sylvester Day b: September 07, 1912 Monesson, Westmoreland Co, PA d: April 15, 1999 in Martinsburg, WV Burial: April 1999 Salem United Methodist Church Cemetery, Slanesville, Hampshire Co, WV
...... +Violet Virginia Castleman b: Unknown m: November 16, 1940 in Oldtown, Allegany Co, MD
... 4 Thelma M. Day b: May 05, 1915 d: April 13, 1980 Burial: April 17, 1980
...... +Bruce Sylvester Bailey b: January 07, 1911 d: August 29, 1959
... 4 Harvey Day b: 1916 d: November 1916
. 3 Ida B. Day b: May 1885 Hampshire Co, WV d: 1968
. 3 Sallie Day b: May 13, 1889 WV d: April 24, 1913 in Hampshire Co, WV
. 3 Rosa S. Day b: February 1894 WV d: 1967
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions