Search for content in message boards

Looking for Family with last name JOY in Maine.....

Looking for Family with last name JOY in Maine.....

Posted: 15 Feb 2014 8:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Joy
Trying to find information on a Grace Mary Joy, born around 1911. Daughter of Oscar Joy and Blanche Webster. She was a phone operator or something to do with the phone company, the last I heard. If you have any info, please contact me here or my email at cherly017@aol.com. Thank you.

Re: Looking for Family with last name JOY in Maine.....

Posted: 24 Feb 2014 2:40PM GMT
I'm not related -
Grace worked for the telephone Co. for over 20 years.
She is an operator in the 1931 Bath Directory

In 1949, she is still an operator for NET&T and living with her mother at 10 King (Blanche is a chef)

In 1953, Grace is a supervisor with NET &T and living with her mother, brother & sister-in-law at 505 High

in 1955, Grace is still a supervisor with NET &T and still living at 505 High
looks like Blanche died by 1955.
Lloyd & Helen are living at 1 Palmer

I do find one possible marriage for a Grace M. Joy to Harold G. Brackett 2/1/1964, Bath. Looks like Harold died 5/8/1967, at age 72, Bath.

Can't find Grace after her 1964 marriage, but she was probably still living, as Harold is listed in SSDI, and back then, if you didn't have a surviving spouse, or minor children, you weren't listed in SSDI, as no death benefit would have been paid.

Grace is always shown as Miss.

Posted: 4 Mar 2014 4:47PM GMT
Annallison,

Thank you SO much for the information. I greatly appreciate your big help. I was wondering myself if that could be the same Grace M Joy married to Harold G Brackett.....just was not sure. She is a hard woman to find. =)

Posted: 4 Mar 2014 4:50PM GMT
Annallison,

Also, I meant to ask if you knew if she had any children? Hope to hear from you again. Thanks.

Posted: 4 Mar 2014 10:31PM GMT
She was in her 50s when she married, so no children from that union. If she had any, it was out of wedlock, & likely given up. I find no evidence of any.

Posted: 8 Mar 2014 7:21PM GMT
Yeah, after I sent that to you, I realized her age when she married. If she is the same person we are looking for information on, she did have one child that we know of....it was my mother. She had named her and not sure when she did give her up for adoption. Father is unknown.....that would be pretty much impossible to figure out. And like you....cannot find any more information on her at all. Surely she is not still alive....or she could be. If you do find any other information...I would be greatly appreciative.

Posted: 9 Mar 2014 2:58AM GMT
A Grace M. Lorraine with the same birth date as Grace Mary Joy died 7 Feb. 1985 in Bath.

http://www.mainegenealogy.net/individual_death_record.asp?id...

In 1975 Lloyd R. Joy of Bath bequeathed his entire estate to "my sister Grace Lorraine, now Mrs. Frederick R. Lorraine, of Boothbay, in the County of Lincoln, and State of Maine."

http://i.imgur.com/xjC0UlG.jpg

Posted: 9 Mar 2014 4:22PM GMT
Thank you Christopher for the information. This could be the same person, especially with the brother named Lloyd.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic