Search for content in message boards

Tullier marriage 1835 ?abt state archives?

Tullier marriage 1835 ?abt state archives?

Posted: 28 Nov 2011 10:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,

I have just located a record for 3rd gr.grandparents I never knew existed. However, the listing here states they were married in West Baton Rouge Parish in 1835 - Names are Eugenie Tullier and Nicole Valere (should be Nicola Valega). Would the state archives have this record for WBR and if so would it list the parents names of both and where anyone was born? I have never done any research there and am looking to pair down a lengthy list of items to do research on when I go. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Tullier marriage 1835 ?abt state archives?

Posted: 2 Dec 2011 2:32PM GMT
The State Archives would not have the marriage record. Only if they were married in Orleans Parish. West Baton Rouge Clerk of court would have the record though. On the few marriage records I have from West Baton Rouge Parish, the parents names are given. But, I do not have any from that parish that date as back as 1835. Call the clerk of court, they would possibly mail it to you. Sometimes for the cost of the copy, and the cost of the stamp.
State Archives would have death records for 50 cents per copy, if you pick up. Or $5.00 to have them mailed.

Posted: 3 Dec 2011 4:26AM GMT
Hi Chipster,

Thank you so much for your reply. I will definately get in touch with WBR CoC beginning of next week to inquire about the marriage cert. I have another question for you that you may be able to answer. I haven't been doing my ancestral research for very long and I was wondering if the cert. isn't available what should be my next step in that area to locate their parents names? Nicola was an immigrant from Italy and I can't find info. on Eugenie from when she resided with her parents? I have read a few other responses on various boards that mention getting in touch with a church but I haven't a clue what churches were open in 1835 or where those records would be today? Any suggestions? Thank you for all your help. Stacey.

Posted: 16 Jun 2012 1:55PM GMT
I checked the Baton Rouge Catholic Diocese records. I find Eugenie listed in Volume 5.

Rose Eugenie Tullier (daughter of Jean Baptiste Tullier & Pelagie Aucoin) married April 25, 1835 Nicolas Valere, widower. (L'ange and Angelina Bill (BUHL) witness: James Clement, Joseph Braud, A. Grangier.

They were married at St. Joseph's in Baton Rouge. If you contact the Dioces of Baton Rouge, you can obtain a copy of their marriage record for $5.00.
1800 South Acadian Thruway
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
(225) 387-0561

If there's anything else I can help you with, let me know.
familysearch33@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions