Search for content in message boards

John DRINKWINE Obituary d. October 29, 1933

John DRINKWINE Obituary d. October 29, 1933

Sara Nuernberger (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: DRINKWINE, ROSSMAN, ADAMS, SMITH, HACCKS, FREEZE, KIRCHOFF, HUBLE, LLOYD, AYRES
John DRINKWINE, Polley, Dies of Heart Failure

John DRINKWINE, Polley resident, sixty-nine years old, died of heart failure shortly after seven o'clock Sunday evening, October 29, at his home.

Funeral services will be held this afternoon, Thursday, at two o'clock at Gilman, with Rev. J. M. AYRES, Presbyterian pastor, officiating. Interment will be in Meadowbrook cemetery, and the following men will act as pallbearers: John ROSSMAN, Alra ADAMS, Henry SMITH, Will HACCKS, Herman FREEZE and Al KIRCHOFF.

John Luther DRINKWINE was born in Sheyboygan in 1865, and came to Taylor county at the age of three with his parents. He was married on July 4, 1898, and had made his home in Polley since October 27, 1910.

Surviving him are his wife, Mrs. Leona DRINKWINE, and seven children: Mae, Gilferd, Girlen, Joe, Addie, Beryl, and Lorin. There are also five grandchildren.

Among the out of town attendants at the funeral services will be Mrs. Addie HUBLE and Girlen DRINKWINE both of Flint, Michigan, and Mr. and Mrs. Lester LLOYD of Greenwood, Wis.

Mr. DRINKWINE was a member of the Methodist Church.
(The Star News, Nov. 2, 1933, Medford, WI)

Re: John DRINKWINE Obituary d. October 29, 1933

Posted: 20 Feb 2005 2:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jan 2006 10:49PM GMT
Surnames: Welch, Wilson, Leggett, Hathaway, Morris
I read this message because it was located in Polley, WI which is a town that no longer exists. I have many pictures from Polley and also some of the Kirkoffs. If you are interested, please contact me with POLLEY, WI in the message bar.

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 2:54AM GMT
to jaspersc: I've tried to reply to the email that Ancestry sent me with your message and cannot get anything through to you. I have a lot of Polley stuff--just shared it all with the area's genealogical society and they gave me even more than I had. Try to contact me again, and this time include your real email address so I can get a message through. I don't care to post my email publicly. Karen

Posted: 30 Jun 2009 7:25PM GMT
Surnames: Polley
Karen
I have information Drinkwater, but where is your Polley from?
My ggrandmother was a Polley and settled in Split Rock, Shawano Co.
Dori

Posted: 30 Jun 2009 8:57PM GMT
Sorry for the confusion. Polley is a location in central WI, not a family name. This man died in Polley, WI.

Posted: 9 Aug 2012 4:34PM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2012 4:38PM GMT
Surnames: POLLEY
Greetings, shestandsfirm:

My maternal grandparents were Carrie Ohman (nee Polley) and Emil Ohman, who after their marriage resided in Polley, Wisconsin, and later in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, where their only child, my mother, was born.

I understand you have pictures of the town of Polley. I have only ever seen a circa 1906 picture of the white, steepled one-room schoolhouse where my grandmother attended lessons. Do your pictures exist in an electronic form anywhere on the web, or could they be emailed to me? I'd be very grateful for the chance to see them. If that's not possible, maybe you could send me an email or snail mail address for the geneologic society you shared them with. If you like, you can contact me at [my user name] [at] ymail [dot] com. Many, many thanks!

Posted: 6 Nov 2012 4:14AM GMT
Hi,
I am the Sec. for the Gilman Area Historical Society, which includes Polley, please contact me and I will see what I can do to help you. We have alot of pictures/info of Polley and we even have one of Carrie's mother.
Thank you
Monica

Posted: 6 Nov 2012 12:30PM GMT
Surnames: POLLEY, NORWOOD, OHMAN, OHMEN
Greetings, Monica. Thanks very much for your note. My family and I would be THRILLED to have that picture of Carrie Polley's mother. Do you have a scanned copy that you could email to me?

According to the information I have, Carrie's mother was Evelyn C. Polley (sometimes spelled Eveline or Evalina, maiden name Norwood). Evelyn was born October 29, 1849, date of death unknown, but she was alive on June 5, 1919, the day of Carrie's wedding to Emil Ohman.

Carrie's father was William John Polley, who was born in August 1847 somewhere in Canada and immigrated to the USA in 1868. We don't know exactly when he died. He was alive and 52 years old in the 1900 census; in the 1905 census, his wife is listed as widowed.

Can you offer me any suggestions how I might learn when William and Evelyn died? Do you have records of births and deaths for Gilman area? If I can have a link to the files, I'd be glad to do my own research.

Lastly, I'm hoping to learn how William John Polley was related to James Polley (1848-1925), the founder of Polley, Wisconsin. William John and James were only a year apart in age; I have wondered if they could be brothers or more likely cousins. Is there a family tree available for James?

Many, many thanks for any help you can give me! My email is ymiranthis(at)ymail(dot)com.

Kindest regards, Yvonne Miranthis
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions