Search for content in message boards

BIGFOOT-PART CHEROKEE

BIGFOOT-PART CHEROKEE

Posted: 15 Aug 2002 4:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2006 9:25PM GMT
Surnames: BIGFOOT
RESEARCHING THE ABEL/ABLE FAMILY FROM WINSTON CO AL IN 1860-1900. THERE WAS SOMEONE ASSOCIATED WITH THEIR FAMILY THAT WAS PART CHEROKEE WHO WAS CALLED BIGFOOT. HE WAS KILLED BY A STALLION(IN TEXAS I BELIEVE). THAT IS NOT MUCH TO GO ON I KNOW BUT IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA WHO THIS MAN WAS I WOULD APPRECIATE THE INFORMATION. THANKS ROSS

Re: BIGFOOT-PART CHEROKEE

Posted: 3 Jan 2005 8:02PM GMT
Edited: 10 Mar 2005 11:37PM GMT
Surnames: abel/able
i have indian in my line.

Ross Smith (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2005 11:27PM GMT

Posted: 12 Jan 2005 9:57PM GMT
yes, Fannie Jane Able who married WILLIAM ELIJAH SR. ABEL was born in alabama. they had WILLIAM ELIJAH ABEL born 5/4/1861, + 6 other children.

Ross Smith (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2005 12:00AM GMT
Surnames: Abel Ray
Hello
Thanks for the information. Would you know if you had an ancestor named Bigfoot or Bigfoot Ray? I noticed your email address started with Rays. My anccestor was Solomon Ray who was born in 1811 in Ga and went to Tallapoosa co Al about 1833 then to Walker and Winston co Al in the 1850's. His daughter Lucinda Ray (born 1837) married Thomas M Abel/Ables in 1862 in Winston co Alabama. That is northwest Alabama. Do you have Ray ancestors also? Maybe our ancestors are the same or related somehow. Thomas M abel was born about 1832 in Tennessee but his family went to eastern Alabama shortly after he was born. Thomas M Abel went to Winston co Al in the 1850's with his older sister Caroline who married a McCullar. Thomas M Abel's father was John B Abel/Ables. I would appreciate any information you could give me especially if the Abels or the Rays were native American. Thanks, Ross

Ross Smith (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2005 7:22AM GMT
Would you know if Thomas M Abel was related to youjr ancestors. He was born about 1832 in Tennessee and went to eastern Alabama shortly after he was born. He went to Winston co Al in the 1850's with his older sister Carolline who married a McCullar. He married Lucinda Ray about 1862 in Winston co Al. I know either the Rays or the Abels were native American. Lucinda Ray was born about 1837 in Tallapoosa co Al. Her father was Solomon Ray who was born about 1811 in Ga. Thanks, Ross

Ross Smith (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2005 7:24AM GMT
Would you know if any of your ancestors were called Bigfoot or Bigfoot Ray? Thanks,Ross

Posted: 13 Jan 2005 7:40PM GMT

Posted: 13 Jan 2005 7:44PM GMT
My dads middle name is Ray the S is for Stewart his last name. do you have msn messenger?
these sites may help

http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/index/CherokeeGene/2001-03

http://members.aol.com/lredtail/siler.html

http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/index/ABLE/
per page

Find a board about a specific topic