Search for content in message boards

William Lunsford

William Lunsford

Posted: 30 Dec 2000 7:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 May 2002 6:11PM GMT
Surnames: Lunsford
I too am a decendent of William Lunsford.
I have some info on the Lunsfords in GA. but just that they came from Va. Would like to exchange info.

WILLIAM LUNSFORD

Posted: 10 Jan 2001 9:26AM GMT
Edited: 31 May 2002 6:42PM GMT
I am a descendant of Lunsford Family in Georgia back to William Lunsford b ca 1791. If this is part of family you are looking for contact me at BOBSTROPS@aol.com

William Thomas Lunsford

Posted: 13 Jan 2001 9:51AM GMT
Edited: 7 Jan 2002 8:22PM GMT
Surnames: Lunsford, James, Smith
I have info on William Thomas Lunsford 24 Mar 1833 Married Sarah Elizabeth James on 18 Nov. 1852. WTL was born in GA. This help?
His parents are Joseph S Lunsford and Cerena Eliza Smith.

Re: William Lunsford

Posted: 18 May 2002 12:59AM GMT
Eva, I am descended from William and Julia Lunsford who were born in Georgia, but married in Petersburg, VA. William J. Lunsford was born in 1839. He married Julia in 1877. Julia's maiden name is rather illegible as listed on the marriage certificate. The clerk at the Petersburg, VA Courthouse read the name as Corisius. Can you tell me more about this Julia and William? I know William's father was Lewis Lunsford,and think that his grandfather was Rev. Lewis Lunsford. Do you know where the Cherokee Indian history fits into this line? Do you know anything about Eva Lunsford, William and Julia's daughter? I'll be glad to share any information I have with you about this line.
Thanks.
Janet Blackwell
hgblack@earthlink.net or hgblack@clis.com

Re: WILLIAM LUNSFORD

Posted: 18 May 2002 1:06AM GMT
I am a descendent of William and Julia Lunsford, born in Georgia, married in Virginia. The line goes back through Lewis Lunsford and Rev. Lewis Lunsford, but I don't know the Rev.'s father as it traces back to William and Sir Thomas Lunsford. I'd be very happy to exchange information with you.
Janet Blackwell
hgblack@earthlink.net and hgblack@clis.com

Re: William Lunsford

nancy zech (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2004 6:45PM GMT
Surnames: Lunceford, Lunsford, Rives
I am looking for information on my great-grandfather William Oscar Lunceford. He was married to mamie (Mary leone?) Rives. They lived in Crawfordville Georgia. I think his father was Boline Lunceford who was married to Nancy C. Rives. I know they are buried in Carters Grove Cemetary, and that Boline Lunceford was in the civil war. William had eight children, which Charles "Doots" was my grandfather. It is possible that there family orginally came from virginia. Any help would be greatly apprecaiated.

Re: William Thomas Lunsford

Posted: 2 Jun 2007 5:20AM GMT
Just now saw this post that was made 6 years ago. It may be a long shot but are you still around? I believe we have a family connection because the names you mentioned are in my family tree. Hope you see thiis post. Contact me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Peggy Lea Duncan,,my mother was a Lunsford before she married.

Posted: 4 Jun 2007 1:12PM GMT
Edited: 9 Dec 2008 6:52PM GMT
I think I am still here.... some days my wife tells me I am not ALL here....LOL

How can I help you? My email address is smithpii@aol.com

Joseph Lunsford is my GGG grandfather. I can send you William Thomas Lunsford brothers and sisters.

Joseph is the son of Peyton Lunsford of Anson, NC who parents are unknown but probably come from Virginia where there were many, many Lunsfords. Peyton served in the Ware of 1812 in the milita of NC.

How can I help you?

M.T. Smith

Posted: 19 Jul 2008 2:49AM GMT
My mother's grandfather was Elvin Jerome Lunsford of AL. We all now live in KY. How far back does your information go?

Posted: 19 Jul 2008 2:56AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2008 10:56PM GMT
Surnames: Lunsford, Smith
I am a descendant of Joseph S. Lunsford -> William Thomas Lunsford -> Amanda Lunsford -> Elvin Jerome Lunsford. Have you found out anything lately about Joseph S. Lunsford's ancestors. I know his father is Peyton, but who does Peyton belong to? Do you know anything about Cerena Eliza Smith, Joseph S. Lunsford's wife?

How are we related?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic