Search for content in message boards

Tino(Tyno) Russia -Poland

Tino(Tyno) Russia -Poland

Chuck McConnell (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2005 4:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kotowski,Levon, Dombrowski
Looking for anyone who might have idea where this town was located in Russia-Poland and what modern day city is this now. Any and all information appreciated.

Re: Tino(Tyno) Russia -Poland

Posted: 21 Jul 2005 1:27PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 3:35PM GMT
Chuck

Did you try with :
www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/loctown.htm
Here is an old detailed map:
http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/digkonyv/topo/3felmeres.htm
Using One Step to locate an EI manifest www.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB/ellis.html there were people coming from a village named Tynow, Tynovo, Tynowec. Ah, just found some from Tyno.

Posted: 23 Jul 2005 3:33PM GMT
Surnames: Kotoski, Dombrowski
Thanks Zlatica for that information on those websites. I was unaware of them. But could you clarify where you say some references to people who were from Tyno ?

Thanks again-Chuck McConnell.

Posted: 23 Jul 2005 5:22PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 3:35PM GMT
Chuck

Have you registered to Ellis Island website?
www.ellisislandrecords.org After you do that,please use the other website www.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB/ellis.html to locate people coming from a certain village, same surname, on a same date etc.

Posted: 24 Jul 2005 1:15AM GMT
Thanks for the additional info- I will follow up on that.

Chuck McConnell.

Posted: 19 Mar 2008 5:39AM GMT
Chuck:

may I suggest Tajno, Poland? It is pronounced similar to Tyno! It is located in the far north eastern part of Poland...technically "Russia" after the 3rd Partition of Poland in 1795. There are many, many Kotowskis, Dombrowskis and Lewandowskis from Tajno. I am searching for Kotowskis, too, in the same area. I do not know, however, if I am related to the Kotowskis of Tajno, but I am related to the Kotowskis a little further east in the small villages of Sosnowo and Promiski. I have extensive notes of Kotowskis of the Tajno area, but I stopped after I realized I was probably barking up a very distant tree.

Please contact me if you would like my notes,
beth carpenter

Posted: 19 Mar 2008 11:38PM GMT
Surnames: Kotowski, Kotoski, Dombrowski
Beth- thank you for the post and I think you forwarded some info to my brother earlier today which he forwarded to me. As soon as I have time to read it, I will get back with you if I have any questions. Thanks again-

Chuck McConnell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions