Search for content in message boards

Forgar Family

Holmes Family

Posted: 12 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jan 2002 6:11PM GMT
Surnames: Holmes

My interest is in Charles Holmes, born about 1835 in Cold Spring on the Hudson, Putnam Co. He moved to Auburn and later settled in Baldwinsville, Onondaga Co. where he died in 1927.

The family was Methodist Episcopal but I am unaware of any clergy.

Good Luck, Kitty
Edited: 27 Dec 2002 3:37AM GMT
Surnames: Holmes
In responce to your search, I have been following a Reverand David Holmes who left Newburgh, Orange Co., N. Y. and with his family
moved to Marcellus, N. Y. about 1807 or so.

He was a Methodist Episcopal Minister and was pretty well known as far as I have learned. He had at least one if not two sons who also
entered the ministry, Burroughs and another David I believe.

If this fits the family background I would share what I have.

Regards,

Randy

Forgar Family

Surnames: Forgar, Holmes, Ryan
Looking for family conections for Forgar, Holmes and Ryan in the Syracuse, Baldwnsville area of Onondaga County.

Re: Forgar Family

Posted: 26 Jul 2001 4:30AM GMT
There has been some recent news regarding a Charles R. Forgar, 30, and wonder if you would know who his parents might be. He lived in the Caughdenoy,NY and Largo, FL .areas.

Posted: 26 Jul 2001 5:10AM GMT
I have no knowledge of the individual, Charles R. Forgar, mentioned.
Posted: 12 Mar 2003 9:09PM GMT
Surnames: Holmes Abrams Abrahams
Does your Rev. David Holmes have a sister Anna who married James Abrahams. Ibelieve he has a Newburgh Orange Co. origin tho I have not proven it. They had sons or grand sons named David and Burroughs.(I can be more specific with my notes in front of me.) Dorothy Abrams dot4643@yahoo.com

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 5:26AM GMT
Surnames: Forgar
Sounds like you're looking for my uncle Chuck. Except his middle initial is F. Everything else fits. He passed away last year. He lived with us for a while when I was a kid. He has a twin sister. What information are you looking for?

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 5:28AM GMT
My mother is Brenda Forgar Schroeder. She lives right outside of Liverpool, NY. We just started doing family history together on the Forgar family a couple of weeks ago. She went to the historical association and got some information last week. I've been looking online. We're willing to share info and help "connect the dots," so to speak.

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 5:29AM GMT
My mother is Forgar, currently living in Onondaga County. I grew up there.

Posted: 20 May 2013 1:52PM GMT
William Forgar, b. 1805, d. 1872, Liverpool, Onondaga Co., New York. Married to Lucretia Ann (unk),b. 1808, d. 1863, Liverpool, Onondaga Co., New York.

Both buried Liverpool Cemetery, Onondaga Co., New York

They had 9 children, Mary, Anna, Willam, Hannah, Oscar, F.A., Byron, Philander, Madora.

I have further info on some of their children.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic