Search for content in message boards

Searching for leads on Adaskevicius, Galinskas, & Zilinskas

Searching for leads on Adaskevicius, Galinskas, & Zilinskas

Francesca Williams (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ADASKEVICIUS, GALINSKAS, GALINSKI, ZILINSKAS
I'm researching:

*Valentina Adaskevicute (Adaskevicius): b. 1860s in Kybartai, Lithuania; m. Vincent Galinskas ~1900.

*Vincent (Vincas) Galinskas: b. ~1860, managed estate in Alvitas in early 1900s, brought up by two "sisters" (who may have been cousins or half-sisters).

*Justin Galinski: b. prior to 1901 to Vincent Galinskas by a previous marriage; emigrated to Chicago prior to 1920.

*"Joseph John" Zilinskas: b. Nov. 2, 1885 in Veiveriai (near Vilkaviskas), Lithuania; his father was a military officer and his mother was French.

Posted: 26 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2008 6:56PM GMT
Surnames: Galinski, Cohen, Kagan
I have just received my grandmothers birth certificate and have found that her mother's name was Rachel Galinski. She and her husband Morris Cohen(Kagan) were born in Vilna Russia probably in the 1870's for my grandmother was born in 1890 in Leeds England do you happen to have Vincent's sisters names. any info would be greatly appreciated Thank you. I know my grandmother had first cousins in England with the last name of Galinski.

Re: Adaskevicius, Audzevicius

Julie Javage (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2008 6:57PM GMT
Surnames: Audzevicius, Gervil
I have been told that my Lithuanian ancestors name was
originally Audzevicius. That seems to be kind of close to
Adaskevicius. Do you think that there may be a connection?

My ancestors were from Kaunas. My greatgrandmother was Marcella Gervil born in Vilnius. My greatgrandfather was supposedly in the Lithuanian Military. His name was Joseph or William.

Julie

Re: Adaskevicius, Audzevicius

El (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2001 1:12AM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2008 6:58PM GMT
Julie, Is your Grandmother named Julie also? Did she live in New York? Did Marcella (Javage) live on Clark Street in Hilldale, PA? Please E-Mail me, I may be able to add to this search for you.
El (ejs4824@aol.com)

Re: Galinski

Posted: 30 Apr 2006 4:27AM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2008 6:56PM GMT
Surnames: Galinskie
There was a Jane Rachel Galinskie, who died in Prestwich, England around 1890, also a Mary Galinskie born around the same time. I think Jane Rachel was related to my g-g-grandparents, who continued to America.

Re: Galinski

Posted: 9 Sep 2008 6:43PM GMT
Surnames: Galinsky/Cohen/Zass-Sass/Cziller/Kaufmann
I found your posting interesting since our great aunt was Rachel Lena Cohen born in 1862 in Sejny, Suwalki (then Lithuania and not far from Vilna) and she married Jacob Israel Galinski or Galinsky who was born in Feb 1862. Both died in Los Angeles, California. Makes me wonder if there is a connection to your Galinski/Cohen family. Karen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions