Search for content in message boards

Johnny Corcoran..Scranton Pa

Johnny Corcoran..Scranton Pa

Posted: 5 Aug 2003 8:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Apr 2005 2:42AM GMT
Surnames: Corcoran
See Photo attachment

Johnny Corcoran and my mother Mary Allen Fuess in her Grandmothers back yard. The home is at 1320 Stafford Ave in South Scranton. Corcoran's lived in the rear on Brook St I believe
Attachments:

Corcoran home on Brook St in Scranton Pa

Posted: 2 Jan 2004 4:22AM GMT
Edited: 14 Apr 2005 2:42AM GMT
See scan of the house that was the Corcorans
Attachments:

Re: Corcoran home on Brook St in Scranton Pa

maryfagan (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2004 4:39PM GMT
Hi Barbara

I am related to these Corcorans---Chick, Johnny---and the house was my great grandparents Frank & Barbara (Rosar)
where I believe Chick & Johnny grew up. My grandfather was Thomas Corcoran - oldest brother to Chick & John. My father was also Thomas Corcoran (if you knew these Corcorans and Aunt Vergi, then you may have known my father),This picture--is the house on the far right the Corcoran house?
I was told my great-grandfather - Frank - was known for his rose gardens---looks like to the left of the house..
Do you have any other info on these Corcorans?
I would love a copy of these pictures--do you have the originals?--If so, if I send you a moneyorder, would you be able to have copies made for me?
Are you releated to the Corcorans/Rosars?

THANKS--Mary (Corcoran) Fagan
Please e-mail me at maryfagan@thechorus.com

Re: Johnny Corcoran..Scranton Pa

Judy Corcoran (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2005 6:44PM GMT
Hi Barbara - may not be same family but....John T. Corcoran and his brother's were all born in Scranton PA. The picture looks an awful lot like John! Their mother's name was Estella Cavanaugh, also from Scranton. She married James Corcoran. Most of the boy's worked in the coal mines....they came to Washington State and settled in Bucoda, Tenino (also mined coal here) Estella or Stella had a sister named Mary I believe (have to check my records for all dates, names etc.) Mary had a daughter named Mary who was John's cousin. Stella's father was known as "Nipper" who worked on the Lacawana Railways for years. Names of John's brothers were James, Patrick, and Anthony,(nicknamed "Fin".) If this is the same family, I have information to share. Please contact me. Thank you.

Re: Johnny Corcoran..Scranton Pa

mary fagan (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2006 4:50PM GMT
Hi Barbara...
Do not believe the same Corcoran family.These Corcorans are my family- their mothers name was Barbara (Rosar) and their father was Frank Corcoran.The boys names were Thomas, James, John, Francis...girls = Mary(Mae), Alice & ?-I think Jullia. Some of the family now in other parts of PA & NJ areas & some of the family still in Scranton. Your John T. may be somehow form this line - via one of the brothers James or John above(Thomas is my grandfather & Francis had no children). What time frame is your John T. from/when born?This John Corcoran would have been born abt. 1905/1910ish, since my grandfather was born in 1901 & was the oldest.

Posted: 18 Jul 2009 3:08AM GMT
Surnames: Corcoran, Korkran
I am Stacy Corcoran Bryan, daughter of Michael Corcoran. My father's father was Michael, and he was Mary's, Chick's, and Andy's brother-- to name a few of the kids.

I was in touch with Aunt Rose when Uncle Andy passed a few years ago, and she provided me with some pictures from the family. I'd love to network with others from this line of the Corcorans. (Andy spelled the name Korkran.)

Posted: 28 Sep 2009 5:27PM GMT
Hello. My name is Karen McMahon Mattison. My mother's name was Rita Marie Mackin McMahon. My mother's mother ( my grandmother) was Helen Catherine Corcoran Mackin. I know that Helen (Nellie) had a brother named Johnny a sister named Alice. There were other siblings, but I don't know their names, sorry. Nellie was from Scranton PA, do not know the address. I do know that she was a piano player at a theater in Scranton PA back in the day. Her father John use to come by to tell her how well she was playing that day, or not. Nellie's husband was Harry (Harold) Mackin from Bryn Mawr Street in Scranton PA. Hello if we are related.

Re: Corcoran home on Brook St in Scranton Pa 1920.

Posted: 29 Sep 2009 1:28AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: corcoran
Members: Name Age
Francis J Corcoran 40 father
Bessie Corcoran 40 mother
Thomas J Corcoran 17
Alice A Corcoran 15
Francis L Corcoran 12
Mary B Corcoran 7
James C Corcoran 4 2/12
John M Corcoran 11/12

Lived behind my Grandmother. They lived on Stafford Ave.
Alice was a barber. Good friend of the Allen Family

Posted: 22 Dec 2009 3:22AM GMT
Hello
Would it be possible to email me some of the pictures to show my mother.
Barbara

Posted: 26 Dec 2009 5:10PM GMT
I'd love to send some pictures; I'll attempt to make some time to scan them over the holiday break.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic