Search for content in message boards

Horan Clan: John Horan, 1800, County Westmeath

Horan Clan: John Horan, 1800, County Westmeath

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 12:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Good evening Horan Clan. My name is Dr. Thomas G. O'Brien. I am the Great Great Great Grand son of John Horan, Born 1800 in the County of Westmeath, Ireland. John immigrated with his children (4 boys, John H, Michael B, Francis James, male? and one daughter Margaret) to the United States in 1848. John was a fruit salesman in Brooklyn, New York. John had two wives in Ireland, Alicia (Alice) and Elza. His first marriage had four sons, John H. Horan, who was an American Civil War Vet, served in the 84th Regiment, New York State Volunteer Militia (which is the 14th, Red Legged Devils), Married Anne and had James, Eliza, Maria (? Edward and Alice). Michael B, was also a American Civil War soldier who served in the 63rd New York State Volunteer Militia as well as Francis James. Both, whom did not survive the Battles of Fredericksburg and Antentam respectively. I am looking for relatives of John. H. Horan and Margaret Horan. They would be my "HALF" Cousins. John Horans 'Second' mariage, wife Eliza, had one son, Joseph L. Horan, born 1844, IRE, who served in the American Civil War for the 159th Infantry Regiment, Company K as a Musician, New York State Volunteer militia. Have not further information after he mustered out in November 1862 regarding a wife or children. Therefore, I am looking for any siblings of Joseph L. Horan, they would be my "Half" cousins. John Horans third marriage, Catherine, born 1827, had one son, Eugene Patrick Horan, Brooklyn, NY. Eugene Married Ellen Collins and had thirteen children. This is my Horan Bloodline. Working backwards, Me, My father, Thomas Gerard Patrick O'Brien, My grand mother, Fathers mother, Helen O'Brien Nee Hally, My Great grand Mother, Mary L. Hally, Nee Horan, My Great Great Grand Mother/Father Eugene & Ellen Horan. Any and all information regading the two remaining blood lines that survived the American Civil War would greatly be appreciate. I can be reached at Baccracr@aol.com God Bless.

Re: Horan Clan: John Horan, 1800, County Westmeath

Posted: 9 Aug 2013 2:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Horan and O'Gara
Hi, I am related to this line through my Great Grandmother Margaret (Nell) Horan who married Peter Charles O'Gara. They lived in Cedar County Nebraska and are my Great Grandparents. Margaret's father's name was John Horan who married Rose Hayes. John's father was also John Horan who married Mary Cumberland. I would love to exchange information with you if possible. My e-mail is:
julie.gammons@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Julie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic