Search for content in message boards

Lavender Erwin, Love, Bourland, Flowers, McAdoo, Keck, Dancer, Willis

Lavender Erwin, Love, Bourland, Flowers, McAdoo, Keck, Dancer, Willis

A. Burch (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Erwin, Love, Bourland, Flowers, McAdoo, Keck, Dancer, Willis, Henson, Dodd, Jones
Specific names that I am looking for are Barnie McCoy Erwin, Johnny Erwin, Henry Erwin, Cordie Erwin, Thomas Erwin, Ettie Bonnie Erwin, Lavender Erwin, Elizabeth Jane (Janie Elizabeth?) Henson, Levi Henson, Martha Dodd, Henry, Ben, & William Howard Bourland, Rachel C. Davis, Amanda Jones, Aldridge W. Jones & Elvira Love, Samuel Dancer, Arlena Keck, Eligah McAdoo, Eliza McAdoo, George McAdoo, Virgie McAdoo,
Posted: 7 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2003 9:28PM GMT
Surnames: Erwin, Ervin, Caraway
I am hoping to find some information on my great grandparents. James Franklin Erwin/Ervin who was full Cherokee. He married Providence Caraway. I do not have dates or birth places for either of them. However, their children Ada, Pearl, Rose & Mattie were born in Etowah Co. Al. They later moved to Dayton, Rhea Co., TN. These children were born in the 1890's. Can anyone help me locate any details on any of these. Much appreciated.

Pugg1@aol.com

Elizabeth Jane Erwin

Dottie Erwin Wilcox (View posts)
Posted: 9 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Erwin
My great grandmothers name was Elizbeth Jane Sandlin She was married to James K.P. Erwin and moved from Tupleo Miss
to Indian Territory in the 1880's to what is now Kennedy OK near Wister OK. Her parents wer Jesse and Cynthia McDonald
Sandlin and they lived a one time in Alabama. I have heard the story from my grandfather that his grandmother was a indian princess. Please send any information you may have.
Thank You,
Dottie

Elizabeth Jane Henson Erwin

Posted: 10 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2001 11:45PM GMT
Surnames: Erwin, Henson
My Elizabeth Jane Erwin's parent's were Eli (Levi) & Martha Dodd Henson. She was born in Mo. about 1859. She married Lavander Erwin about 1884. First child was born in AR. She was first married to a man by the name of Legions, she had a daughter born about 1879, by the name of Birtie Legions. The family moved to Willis, Indian Territory ,OK. about 1890. She was a widow by 1910 in McLain co.,Ok. Good luck on your search if you find a connection please let me know.

Thomas Franklin Ervin/TN

Posted: 17 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Nov 2002 10:48PM GMT
Surnames: Ervin, Stevens, Stephens
G-father Cherokee Indian, my father Glen Winford Ervin born in Dyersburg,Tn. apprx. 1916. G-father married Sally Stevens or Stephens, siblings, Kate, Joe, Ed, Henry?
Thomas Franklin Ervin (G-Father) his father was Amanuel Ervin. Amanuel's father was a doctor & was killed by a train.

greatgrandmother:surname Keck

Lani McDonald (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Keck
Looking for information about my great grandmother Keck/ Believe she was choctaw/cherokee. May have been living in Ruidosa,NM. Had a daughter, my grandmother, name Emma.

Thank you, Lani McDonald

ERVIN, Samuel, Thomas etc. (TN)

Posted: 24 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Nov 2002 10:48PM GMT
Better info re:(my g-father) Thomas Franklin ERVIN, b-1882, Lynchburg,TN-his
father was Samuel ERVIN, mother Sara ? ERVIN (Hice?).
Thomas married Sallie Stevens, b-1884, Covington,Tn.(my g-mother) In 1923 moved with children to Memphis, Tn.
From Samuel(gr-g-father) to Glen ERVIN (my father) back to N. Carolina, Little Rock,AR to TN.
Any info greatly appreciated.

Cherokee ?

Jeff (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ervin
I'm looking for a Cherokee connection. My ggg-grandfather is Eli Ervin/Ervan. He married Missenier/Misniah Brooks in Cape G Missouri abt 1824. They had Martha,Ann who married William,J Poston. I have no other info for any of this. I'm trying to find the Cherokee conection and any thing else. Any info is greatful. Jeff L.

Erwin

Dot Dighton-Wietelman (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Erwin, Sandlin
Dottie would you please write me and let me know what your Grandpa's mother name is, I always thought it was Sarah Jane Sandlin, also his fathers name you have it as James and Dad (Earl Dighton) always told me it was John. I know her second husband was a John Erwin that was a cousin to her first husband. Also do you have any ideal where he is butied Grandma always said it was Ellis Chapel but I can find nothing on it..I have been doing the same as you but there are so many. Good Luck and hope to hear from you soon. Your 2nd cousin Dot

Re: Cherokee ?

JANE L (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2001 9:54PM GMT
Surnames: Chapman, McDowell
I saw that you are looking for some information on Eli Ervin and Misniah Brooks. My mother great-grandparents ,are Eli , Misniah Ervin of cape g, Mo.Her grandmother was Nancy Emmeline Ervin{ there daug.}born may 3, 1843 She married James McDowell . If this is any conection please let me know . Jane L
per page

Find a board about a specific topic