Search for content in message boards

Looking for any old Bronx Telephone Book

Looking for any old Bronx Telephone Book

Posted: 9 Apr 2010 10:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
from 1870-1960.
if any one has a copy please let me know.
i could find a Bronx Telephone Book for 1945 online but that was it. any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Looking for any old Bronx Telephone Book

Posted: 10 Apr 2010 1:03AM GMT
Have you checked all of Ancestry's city directories for New York City (which apparently include the Bronx, as it is not listed separately)? Remember if you're searching as far back as 1870 you will want to check city directories, not phone books (Bell did not invent the phone until 1876, and many did not have phones even as late as the 1940s).

Posted: 15 Nov 2010 8:07PM GMT
did you find one? I am looking for a 1955 bronx directory.
I see the new york public library system owns them, but I am far away from there.

Posted: 9 Feb 2011 10:19PM GMT
sorry .. couldn't help, but can you tell me how I can obtain the 1945 bronx
telephone book on line. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
I tried ancestry. com without success.

Thanks again.

budcarl@comcast.net

Posted: 9 Mar 2011 4:01PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
I don't know if you are near New York, but the library keeps microfische of 1929-1973 Bronx and other phone directories. It's possible you could call and see do they circulate copies of the roll of microfische. There was somewhere i found 1945 on line, but I cannot find it again. If I come across it I will update this message. It might have been Cyndislist, if you keep plugging away at it:
http://www.cyndislist.com/ny-local.htm

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 7:50PM GMT
Surnames: ken
l have been in this case before but a member help me with index that help with the details.i do know if you are interested if you do mail me kenword@rediffmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions