Search for content in message boards

PAF on Windows 7 need help

PAF on Windows 7 need help

Posted: 28 Oct 2010 11:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello all, I have the most recent version of PAF I also have windows 7 on my new computer (4 months) ever since I loaded PAF on the system no matter what PAF file I open, it always opens the main file only, I have used before XP and Vista with no issues at all. I also have dumped and reloaded 3 times still no difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
dixie0830@yahoo.com
Lee Dickson

Re: PAF on Windows 7 need help

Posted: 23 Aug 2011 1:27AM GMT
You can, of course, use PAF's File menu to open any file you want. But it is a nuisance when the most recently used file opens rather than the one you are double-clicking.

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 12:09AM GMT
I have also just moved my PAF files from XP to Windows 7 and have noticed that it hasn't brought across my template and therefore some of my info is not being displayed. I didn't transfer my info by gedcom but I just copied all my files from my regular backup.
If I re-enter my template, will it then go and find the info I had entered on prev computer?
I haven't had any problem accessing my 5 family databases - at least not yet!
Thanks

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 10:30PM GMT
The templates are not apart of the PAF file, they are part of the program. So if you make one on one computer then you'll have to redo it on any other computers you use. So long as you are using the same file you have not lost any information, just the way it has been displayed.

I have PAF on three different computers and use them all quite a bit. I haven't had any problems transferring files back and forth.

Posted: 25 Oct 2011 2:47AM GMT
Thanks very much, Bryan. I did set up old laptop yesterday displaying template and set it up on new one and your email confirms I did the right thing but had no idea it couldn't be transferred with copy of old data.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic