Search for content in message boards

Rev. Fleet COOPER

Rev. Fleet COOPER

Posted: 9 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 11:20PM GMT
Surnames: Cooper
I have a couple of questions someone be able to answer:

1. Were Fleet Cooper Sr. & Jr. both preachers? I've seen them both referred to as Rev. I know William, Fleet, Jr.'s brother was a minister. And have seen speculation that James Cooper the immmigrant from England was a minister.

2. Has there ever been found any kind of image, sketch, silouette, painting, sculpture of Fleet Sr. or Jr.?

3. Is there a photograph of the Historical Marker near Clinton, that speaks of Fleet, Sr., that could be sent by mail?

Thanks again for all your help.

Regards,
Gary

Re: Rev. Fleet COOPER

Posted: 22 Jun 2001 11:04PM GMT
Edited: 1 Nov 2001 7:46PM GMT
Gary, contact me by email at NancyPencsak@excite.com and I will send you pictures of the marker near Clinton.
Nancy

NANCY WIGGINS BALK (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2001 6:56PM GMT
DEAR NANCY,

I AM A DESCENDENT OF FLEET COOPER AS WELL, AND WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A COPY OF THE MARKER. PLEASE CONTACT ME AT NKBALK@AOL.COM

Posted: 17 Aug 2001 9:35PM GMT
Edited: 9 Oct 2004 3:15PM GMT
Fleet Cooper Sr. is my 5th grgrandfather through his son Fleet Jr., Elizabeth Cooper Pope. I would love to have a copy of the marker. Please email me at cydneik@yahoo.com

Posted: 17 Aug 2001 9:39PM GMT
Edited: 9 Oct 2004 3:15PM GMT
Hi Gary, Were you able to find any info to you questions? Please email me at cydneik@yahoo.com. Cyd

John Wiggins (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2001 3:51PM GMT
Surnames: Cooper, Core, Coore, Wiggins
Hi,
I was wondering if any one might have info about Elizabeth Cooper. She was the daughter of Fleet Cooper and Margaret Core or Coore. Any information would be helpful.
Thank You,
John Wiggins

Nancy Pencsak (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2001 6:05PM GMT
Surnames: Cooper, Coore, Wiggins
Elizabeth Cooper, dau of Fleet Cooper, Sr. and Marguerite Coore, was born 1759 in Duplin/Sampson Co. She married William Wiggins about 1775 in Sampson Co. She died July 13, 1825. My source for this is the LDS Ancestral Files, reference #AFN:1G67-BQT.
She is buried in Wiggins Cemetery in Mexia, AL: Source: http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?o...
Another source is:
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&...
Good luck. Hope this helps.

Claudia Waits (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2003 4:39AM GMT
Surnames: Cooper, Wiggins
I have some info on an Eliza Cooper. It could be the Elizabeth that you are looking for as she is very closely associated with the Wiggins family. My grandmother was a Wiggins. I do not have Eliza's parents so am not certain if she is yours. I am looking for some info on the Wiggins. Maybe we can help each other.

Posted: 8 Apr 2008 3:18AM GMT
Surnames: Cooper, Bennett
Rev. Fleet CooperJR was the father of my great,great grandmother, Rhoda Scott Cooper 1802-1862.She was married to Hardy Draughon Bennett, my great, great grandfather.

Fleet Cooper,Sr, born 1722-1795 was one of 25 citizens to sign an "Oath of Alegiance and Abjuration", pledging allegiance to NC and renouncing the Crown.

Posted: 11 May 2008 4:58AM GMT
Just a flyer at this late date, I know, but could you also post the picture(s) of the Clinton marker here on the board? TIA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions