Search for content in message boards

Jeanne HARUFF

Jeanne HARUFF

Posted: 7 Oct 2012 3:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Oct 2012 2:12PM GMT
Surnames: Haruff, Langley ,
I have been looking for a Jeanne Haruff-She married Robert Langley, she had two or three boys. We lost touch for awhile.
I didn't know about having a girl with Bob only boys.
The next time we talked or I heard from a friend briefly,
that she was divorced from Bob, remarried and had twin girls.It would be so wonderful if this is helpful.
Maureen Costello Melton Meyer

Re: Jeanne HARUFF

Posted: 7 Oct 2012 2:12PM GMT
It will be difficult for anyone to help without knowing where in the world Jeanne lived.

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 11:05PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Edited: 12 Oct 2012 11:05PM GMT
Surnames: Haruff, Langley
I found her wedding announcement which provides more info re: her family, brother and husband's family. See attached.

It was published in the Long Beach Press Telegram, Nov. 13, 1951.

I'll see if I can find anything else...
Attachments:

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 11:11PM GMT
Surnames: Haruff, Langley
Well, that attachment is too small -- Try this one without the photo....
Attachments:

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 11:12PM GMT
Here's something that may help. According to their marriage license info in the newspaper (Long Beach Press Telegram Nov. 8, 1951) her name is actually Elizabeth J. Haruff. Jeanne must be her middle name.

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 11:15PM GMT
Edited: 12 Oct 2012 11:20PM GMT
I'm sorry to say that, according to trees here at ancestry.com, Elizabeth passed away in April 2007.

Matching up the dates in the trees with the SSDI gives you Elizabeth BOYD.

I'll see if I can find an obit...

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 11:35PM GMT
Here's her ex-husband's obit:

Tulsa World (OK) - Saturday, February 15, 1997

Deceased Name: Afton -- Robert Eugene Langley

Afton -- Robert Eugene Langley, 65, retired security guard, died Friday. No services planned. Burckhalter, Vinita.

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 11:37PM GMT
I haven't found an obit. Do you have access to the trees here? If so, you could try contacting their owners, if you would like more info on her....

Posted: 9 Oct 2013 7:52PM GMT
I don't know if anyone was able to give you definitive information about Jeanne, but let me try.

My name is Teresa Langley. I am the only child of Jeanne's second child, Dave. Sadly, my grandmother passed away after a long illness in early 2007. She was living in Riverside, California at the time - in the same house she'd lived in for more than 40 years.

When she passed away, she was surrounded by many friends and family. At her passing, she had 7 children, more than 20 grandchildren, and numerous great grandchildren.

While this news is not exactly the reunion for which you'd hoped, I hope it gives you some closure on your relationship with my beloved grandmother.

Teri
per page

Find a board about a specific topic