Search for content in message boards

How to find burial sites

How to find burial sites

Posted: 2 Dec 2012 9:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm descended from Rev. William Patton of Scotland, born 1590, and Lord Michael Du Bois (Woods), born 1585, in France).

How can I find where these people are buried? The Emigrates were Capt. John Lynn Patton, born 1689, in Ireland and emigrated to Virginia. Michael Wood, born 1685, in Ireland and emigrated to Virginia.

I would like to find where the ones in Ireland might be buried and also the ones who came to the colonies. Their places of death are listed as VA, KY, AL, TN and GA.

Re: How to find burial sites

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 8:40PM GMT
You might want to try findagrave.com
I have found several this way. I have not found any out of the United States, I can not help you there. Good luck

Carrie Garcia Nutt

Posted: 4 Apr 2013 2:16PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Edited: 4 Apr 2013 2:18PM GMT
If you knew what the name of the cemetery is and the county
you could go into www.findagrave.com. Let me know if you have any success. If you have an obiturary from a newspaper it may give you some info.

dorothy.griffin28@yahoo.com

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 4:30PM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2013 4:30PM GMT
If you have all the info like date of death(approximate), who they married etc... it may be a big help in locating them. Familysearch.org is a great resource and it is free to use.

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 4:46PM GMT
Thank you to everyone who replied. I've tried FindaGrave, to no avail. I'll try Familysearch.org.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic