Search for content in message boards

burial date and where buried

burial date and where buried

Posted: 10 Mar 2008 7:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
This is the 3rd question I've posed today and I may wear out my welcome, but I'm hoping to get one last question answered.

I have FTM-2008. Can I set it up where there are boxes for burial date and where buried under the "family" tab, or must I add all the other facts under the family tab and then have to go into the "person" tab to add the burial information?

Thank you.

Re: burial date and where buried

Posted: 11 Mar 2008 12:28AM GMT
J.

The Burial FACT is a Person / Individual FACT. Yes, some times families are buried together, but not always.

Russ

Posted: 11 Mar 2008 2:17AM GMT
Thanks, Russ. I sure wish the program would allow me to enter the burial info on the same page that calls for when and where born, when and where died, and when and where married info is entered rather than having to then go the extra steps to go to "person" and pull down the burial boxes so the date and cemetery can be added. Not all is perfect, but I'll survive.

Also thanks for further info on how to exclude any notes.

Thanks again.

Jane

Posted: 11 Mar 2008 8:33AM GMT
Jane,

But, it does. What version of Family Tree Maker are you using?

The Burial FACT, is a FACT like Born, Died, and any other FACT you want to included.

I am guessing that you are using a version, older then 2008 and you have explored the FACT page.

Russ

Posted: 11 Mar 2008 2:40PM GMT
Yes, Russ, while working on the "family" page where I can enter all the other individual facts on an individual, I have clicked "Manage Facts" and clicked "burial," and then clicked "Edit" but I'm lost from there.

After clicking "Edit" I get a window that pops up with three fields at the top of the window that reads:
--Fact Label (in faint black ink it says "Burial"
--Short Label (in faint black ink it says "Burial"
--Abbreviation (in faint black ink it says "BU"
I am unable to change these three items from faint ink to dark ink or to choose one label over the other.

The Fact Type box on the bottom left hand side of this window is also in faint black ink.

The "Fact Elements" on the bottom right I can change to make it say Date/Place, Date/Place/Description, or Description only. I click Date/Place and the OK button at the bottom becomes available.

I click OK and go back to my "family page" and a date and place for burial is not listed on my family page. Grrrr.

J.

Posted: 11 Mar 2008 3:39PM GMT
On the "Family Tab":

Select any individual then go to the details pane on the right. With the "Facts" view (first icon on the toolbar) selected, click customize view and add Burial to the individual facts you want displayed.

You can now add burial information for an individual at the same time you ad birth or death information.

Posted: 11 Mar 2008 7:43PM GMT
Russ, I sent a reply to you this morning, but I see it doesn't show up.

Thank you for hanging in there with me and answering my question. My "Family page" is now all set up to handle the burial date, etc. I had not paid one bit of attention to "Customize View" at the bottom until you pointed it out. How I had not seen and recognized it is beyond me.

I do appreciate the help.

J

Posted: 12 Mar 2008 12:50AM GMT
J.,

What version of Family Tree Maker are you using?

Russ

Posted: 12 Mar 2008 1:24AM GMT
Family Tree Maker-2008 (Deluxe)

Posted: 12 Mar 2008 8:32AM GMT
jsmith,

The FACTs, in 2008, can be found on the Person Tab. You'll see it in the Left side of that screen, listed under Individual & Shared Facts. You add new FACTs with the Plus sign to the right of that panel. All the FACTs are there.

Russ
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions