Search for content in message boards

Francis Cooke (of Mayflower)

Francis Cooke (of Mayflower)

Denise Armer (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2001 6:41AM GMT
Am looking for ancestors. Francis married Hester Mahieu. Cannot find any parents of Francis but think the name (Sir) Anthony Cooke may be father. Can't find this Anthony Cooke. Francis had a son named Jacob who married Damaris Hopkins. They had a son, Caleb, married Jane ?. They had a son, John, married Elizabeth Sears (Sayer). They had a son, Paul, married Joanna Holmes. They had a son, Captain John Cook, married Mary Godfrey. They had a son, Nathaniel b. 1/9/1779 d.1/23/1853.married Margaret Grannis. They had a son, John Godfrey Cook, married Sarah Andrews. They had 6 children I know of. My line is their daughter, Margaret, married George Alstadt Ralston.

Re: Francis Cooke (of Mayflower)

R.Malloy (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2001 3:21AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Cook,Thomas,Malloy
I might of found what you need check out "New England Ancestors"

Posted: 20 Sep 2001 2:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Apr 2002 5:48PM GMT
Sir Anthony Cooke was the grandfather of Francis Cooke. Sir Anthony was son of Sir Thomas Cooke. Richard Cooke was the son of Sir Anthony Cooke and the father of Francis Cooke. Richard died when Francis was only one year old. I have a book about the early Cooke family with this info. It is titled "New Light on the Pilgrim Story" by Rev Thomas W Mason and Rev. B Nightingale, MA Litt.D I also show LDS Genealogy Library, San Luis, Obispo, Calif. I have copies of pages 55-66. If you can't locate this book, get back with me, I can copy the pages, but they are not good copies.

Happy Hunting

Gen Ashby

Posted: 27 Dec 2001 3:55AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jun 2002 12:24PM GMT
Surnames: Cook or Cooke
Hello Denise:
You have obviously done some excellent work on Cook(e) family history. By any chance, have you come across a FRANCIS STAFFORD COOK(E). Birth would have been about 1795-1800, because his son JAMES SYBLE COOK was born about 1822 in St Luke's parish, London. According to James's marriage certificate (1851 St Giles Cripplegate, London) his father Francis was a silversmith.
I've been searching for some record of Francis for 10 years, without success, so I sure hope you might have something.
I have come across a RICHARD STAFFORD COOKE, who in the early 1800's was an unsuccessful claimant for the vacant Barony of Stafford. The unusual middle name STAFFORD suggests the possibility they are connected.
The claim on the Barony is a fascinating story. If this is your line I can tell you more.
Best wishes,
Tom Cook
Melbourne

Posted: 17 Feb 2002 7:23PM GMT
Edited: 28 Mar 2002 4:31PM GMT
I too have a Francis Cooke, born 1577, Yorkshire married to Hester Le Mahieu. Lived in Blyth, Notts. Francis sailed to America in 1620 on the 'Mayflower' with is son John Cook; Hester and others came in 1623 on the 'Anne'. Francis was the son of Richard Cook and Ann Cawnton. This is just part of undocumented information that I have collected. Do you think we have the same Francis Cooke?

Lori
per page

Find a board about a specific topic