Search for content in message boards

Cole and News

Cole and News

Barbara Roehrich (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Alexander, Cole, New, Heffington
E-mail address removed due to bouncing e-mail to the address. Last bounce Oct. 20, 2000. Ruth Adams

Looking for my Great Grandmother's family. She died in Atoka in Feb 1928 Her name was Martha Rachel COLE. She was married to William Franklin NEW. My grandmother Lillie Christian New was living in Atoka when she married my grandfather Hodge Evertt HEFFINGTON who was born in Caddo Oklahoma. My grandmother said that we were Choctaw but I don't have any proof. I have two different names for Martha's father and don't know which is right. One is C.C. Cole and the other one is William George Cole. Does any of this ring a bell?
Barb

COLE/NEW

Ruth Atteberry Adams (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: COLE, NEW
If you will go to the Atoka County web site and click on the link to the Atoka County Obit page, you will find an obituary posted there for a lady named Cole. The name of the submitter should be Leona ?. If not, check obits for Sheffield, and Mead. Her name and e-mail addy appear there. She is researching the "New" surname, and I believe she can supply you with an address of a lady in Lane, OK whose maiden name was "New." Her name is Sylvia NEW ?. She attends the First Baptist Church in Lane, and is an acquaintance of my eldest sister. Good Luck!!!

Ruth A. Adams

new, heffington, cole

dorothy robertson (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: new, heffington, cole
caddo was my only link and then there was you.

My son is the grandson of Denver Heffington who was the son
of hodge heffington. Their father was George Dallas of
Fayetteville,AR

write me.

Alexander

Rebecca (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Alexander
Hi!

My great-grandmother was Alice Alexander. She was married to Elisha Wheat. Don't know much more at this time. Do you have any info.

I hope to hear from you.

Thanks,

Rebecca

Re: Cole and News

Frank Bickner (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2001 9:24PM GMT
The "Dawes Final Rolls" shows application for tribal enrollements. The Coles are very prominant as Choctaw, Cherokee and Creek.

On my mothers side is a Sarah Jane Cole. b. 1824. I understand Sarah is Choctaw. I am still trying to get more documentation.

Good Luck

Frank Bickner

Posted: 13 Feb 2004 10:22PM GMT
Surnames: Cole, Lewis, Armstrong
I am looking for my great great grandmother. She was Martha Cole Born abt. 1842 Her daughter my great grandmother was Sarah Cole (she married a lewis). Would you know any of my coles. Family history had it that they were Indians and we know that Sarah Cole Lewis spoke no english. My information is so limited.

Do you know anymore.

Any help is appreciated

Ed Armstrong

lynn dunivan(heffington) (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2006 1:50PM GMT
My Grandfather is Denver Heffington and any info that you have would be appreciated..thank you lynn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic