Search for content in message boards

Stiltner Family History

Stiltner Family History

Melinda Stiltner Glenn (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stiltner
Looking for my roots! I live in New Orleans, Louisiana. My father, Norman Thomas Stiltner, is from Portsmouth, Ohio. My grandfather was James Henry Stiltner & my great-grandfather was Marion Stiltner. I know my roots bring me back to Buchanan County Va, but I have no idea how. Any assistance and/or family tree info greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Stiltner History

Laura Stiltner Fox (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stiltner
Buchanan County, Grundy to be more precise is the location of many, many Stiltners. I'm just starting my quest and have limited info but i know there are 2 main branches of the Stiltner family. There is a Stiltner Creek, which is where Grace Baptist Church sits. Behind the church is a cemetary with mostly Stiltner gravesites. I was there once when I was young. The name Stiltner has been changed slightly by the German descendant who landed in the Grundy are oringally. I can get more information for you from my family. My dad just passed on in June and I have just gained access to the internet. I would like whatever information I can find on the family history. Thanks!

stiltners

Debbie Znosko (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stiltner, Stevens
I have a James Harvey Stiltner of Buchannan Co., b 1827 d1897. He married Missouri Stevens. Their marriage certificate lists only an "M.J. and D.J Stiltner" as James' parents. Would anyone have additional information on this branch?

FAMILY TREE

CONNIE YACCARINO (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: LEFFMAN, GENTRY, STILTNER, COLLINS
LOOKING FOR RELATIVES OF CORA MAE STILTNER AND JOHN BURTON COLLINS. ALSO LOOKING FOR RELATIVES OF MINNIE VICTORIA LEFFMAN AND LUTHER WADE GENTRY,SR.

SURNAMES

CONNIE (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BASIL STILTNER, LOUISE FARMER
LOOKING FOR DESCENDENTS OF BASIL STILTNER AND LOUISE FARMER. THEY HAD A DAUGHTER NAMED CORA MAE STILTNER WHO WAS BORN IN 1896. SHE MARRIED JOHN B. COLLINS. THEY HAD CHILDREN
NAMED FRANK,MILDRED,CAROLINE,JACK RUSSELL,GEORGE W.,RUTH,SUE
JOHNNY,GENE. I'M LOOKING FOR THEIR DESCENDENTS. SURNAMES-STILTNER,FARMER,COLLINS. JOHN B.COLLINS' FATHER WAS BOB DAVIS. ANY HELP WOULD BE DEEPLY APPRECIATED.

Stiltner

Mandy (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stiltner, Looney, Hagy
Hi :)
My name is Amanda, and my grandmother is Beulah Stiltner Hagy, of Buckhanan Co., VA. She is the daughter of George W. Stiltner and Ida Jane Stiltner, and she is the granddaughter of Abraham Stiltner, founder of Buckhanan Co. She and her brothers and sisters are scattered throughout the US, but may be able to help you fill in some pieces of the Stiltner family history. if you have any questions, please feel free to email me :)

STILTNER SURNAME

CONNIE (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: STILTNER, COLLINS
HI:)
MY NAME IS CONNIE. MY GREAT-GRANDFATHER WAS BASIL E. STILTNER. HE MARRIED LOUISA FARMER. THEY HAD A DAUGHTER NAMED CORA MAE STILTNER AROUND 1896. SHE MARRIED JOHN BURTON COLLINS. THEY HAD A SON,MY FAHTER, NAMED FRANK CLARK COLLINS. I AM TRYING TO FIND MY ROOTS. CAN YOU HELP? THANKS, CONNIE

namRe: SURNAMES

Posted: 30 Dec 2001 7:04PM GMT
If this is the same Basil and Louise Stiltner, they had a son named Roy Stiltner, who married Lydia. Childrens names: Eugene, Clarence, Sidney, Troy, Fletcher, Harold, Clayton, Maxine. Hope this helps.
Marsha Stiltner, Mccowan

Re: SURNAMES

Posted: 31 Dec 2001 1:08PM GMT
I am looking for any information on the family's of Basil and Louise Stiltner. Any information would be very useful.

Re: SURNAMES

Posted: 4 Mar 2002 2:33AM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2002 7:47AM GMT
Hello, my name is Barbara Collins and Cora Mae was my Grandmother, my father was Jack R. Collins & both he and my Grandma passed away my dad in 1984 & Grandma in 1990's, I have been looking for any information on the Collins Family for some time now and you just gave me a vital piece, I could never find out who my G-Grandfather was now I have a starting place. Some of my Aunts and Uncles are still alive, I have phone #'s if you want to email me we can work together on this, it seems like you have info that I need and I can get you intouch with people that can help you find what you need. Thanks Barbara Collins Mejias.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions