Search for content in message boards

ELMO CODY - Alington TX

ELMO CODY - Alington TX

Posted: 15 Jan 2001 8:26AM GMT
Edited: 27 Sep 2002 5:30AM GMT
Elmo Cody is my husbands father. He died in a motor cycle accident somewhere around 1943 to 1947. My husband was born in 1943 and was around 2 yrs. old when his father was killed in the accident. Only knows of one kin and that is a step brother Bobby Rome Cody was married to Betty Cody (she died sometime in the 1990 we think). We tried to contact Bobby but he has not done well since Betty's death. My husbands mother has never given him any info on his fathers family it is like they never exsisted. All he has is his mother and brother Ronald Dean Cody married to Anita, son Clint Cody His father Elmo had to of been a wonder person because all three boys are and my husband Donald Wayne Cody would love to hear from them. Donald Wayne Cody, resides in Odessa, TX., married to Cloyce Cody, children Son - Donald Wayne Cody, Jr. and Daugther - Laura Lee Cody Trapple, married to Brian C. Trapple. My husbands mother told him his father was burried in the lora lee cementery in Arlington TX but there is no record of this cementery. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Elmo Cody

Posted: 17 Jan 2001 6:40PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 12:20AM GMT
The cemetery name is Laurel Land. I have some info on this side of the Cody family. My mother is a Cody, her father was Rome Cody.

ELMO CODY

Posted: 17 Jan 2001 9:29PM GMT
WOW! I NEVER BELIEVED THAT WE WOULD EVER BE SO LUCKY AS TO FIND ANYONE THAT KNEW ANYTHING. ROME WAS ELMO'S FATHER ALSO AND HE HAD A TWIN BROTHER REEM (IF IT IS SPELLED RIGHT) OR THAT IS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN TOLD. MY HUSBAND DOESN'T KNOW ANY OF HIS FAMILY ON HIS FATHERS SIDE AND HIS MOTHER NEVER TALKED TO HIM OR HIS BROTHER ABOUT THEM. ELMO WAS KILLED IN A MOTOR CYCLE ACCIDENT WHEN MY HUSBAND WAS VERY YOUNG AND HE CAN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING. IS THERE A FAMILY TREE POSTED SOMEWHERE ON THE NET THAT YOU KNOW ABOUT? SORRY I CAN'T HELP YOU WITH ALLEN SOUNDS LIKE YOUR TRYING TO DO THE SAME THING GOOD LUCK. THANKS FOR BEING THERE! CLOYCE CODY

ROME CODY (RHOME) ?

Posted: 17 Jan 2001 9:36PM GMT
I JUST REALIZED IF YOUR GRANDFATHER IS THE RIGHT ROME CODY, WE WOULD BE KIN. WOW! I AM NEW AT THIS AND NOW SO EXCITED!

ELMO, ROME (RHOME), REEM (RHEEM) CODY

Posted: 18 Jan 2001 8:30PM GMT
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO USE MY E-MAIL (CLOYCE_C@MYFAMILY.COM OR CLOYCEC@AOL.COM)

MINNIE BELL TRENT / BOBBY RHOME CODY

Posted: 18 Jan 2001 8:42PM GMT
WHILE CHECKING THROUGH RECORDS I FOUND THAT ELMO AND MINNIE BELL TRENT WERE MARRIED AND HAD BOBBY RHOME CODY 8/10/1932. MAYBE THIS INFORMATION WILL BE OF SOME ASSISTANCE. IF SOMEONE KNEW MINNIE WHEN SHE WAS MARRIED TO ELMO. THANK YOU

CODY LINE FROM DALLAS

Posted: 1 Feb 2001 5:40PM GMT
Edited: 2 Mar 2002 9:34PM GMT
Would this family have been from the William Cody who was a school teacher and moved into the Odessa, Texas area?
There also was one who moved from Stepheville,Texas to around Odessa.
Paul Wright---w1937@mindspring.com

Cody's Texas

Posted: 9 Feb 2001 3:42PM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2001 6:12PM GMT
I am kin to the Cody's in Texas. My grandmother was Tarla A fallon cody Wife of William E. Cody from Stephenville, Texas. Maybe we match. Edith

William Cody

Posted: 9 Feb 2001 5:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 May 2005 3:54PM GMT
Surnames: Cody, Wright
I think that I have a picture of William Cody that you are kin to. He was the son of Edmund Cody from what I can guess.
He had his picture taken with my two gguncles who were D.J. and Jacob Cody Wright.

William E. Cody

Posted: 10 Feb 2001 7:58AM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2001 6:12PM GMT
That would be great. Do you have any more information on him. We have heard he left our greatgrandmother and went into Oklahoma. Would love any information you might have. Edith
per page

Find a board about a specific topic