Search for content in message boards

Ferrells of Mississippi

Ferrells of Mississippi

Don S. Harthcock (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2000 8:23PM GMT
My mother was Daisy Estelle Ferrell, daughter of Fanny Dickard and Thomas Jefferson Ferrell of Holmes County MS (married 01/31/1904). Little is known about T.J.'s parents, as he never talked of them. My investigation reveals that Bigdaddy's (T.J.'s) parents might have been Mary Elizabeth (Lizzie) Moore (b. 07/18/1859) and J. B. Ferrell. Who was J. B. Ferrell? They married 04/03/1874 in Leake County MS; other children include Ben Ferrell (b. 1877), Tommie Ferrell (b. 1880), Riley Ferrell (b. 1882), Ida Ferrell (b. 1884), Milton Ferrell (b. 1885), Robert Ferrell (b. 12/1888), Belle Ferrell (b. 05/1891), Raiford Ferrell (b. 09/1893). My grandfather also had half-brothers and sisters, including Addie Victoria Ferrell McLean. My cousins know little more than I. Please help me authenticate J. B. Ferrell as my great-grandfather and please share anything you have on antecedents and descendants of these relatives. Our yearly Ferrell reunion is held each third Sunday of July at T. J. and Fanny's home place in the Coxburg community in Holmes County MS, where my Aunt Grace still lives: 6987 Ebenezer-Coxburg Rd., Lexington MS 39095. Please contact me to share info.

Ferrell

Jo Ann Plunkett (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jul 2000 7:55PM GMT
My G-G-Grandfather was Lafayette Napoleon
Bonaparte Ferrell. His first wife was Ophelia
Watkins. His second wife was Mary Elizabeth
Moore.

E-mail me and I will share what information
I have on this family. I have a list of all
the children from both marriages.

Jo Ann Plunkett

T. J. Ferrell Antecedents

Don Harthcock (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2000 1:16PM GMT
Jo Ann, I am overjoyed to read your message; you've no idea how long I have searched for this info. I know that Bigdaddy's mother was Lizzie Moore, but I thought his father was "J. B." - also delighted to find the first wife, mother of Addie Vic and the rest. I have a listing of Holmes County cemeteries, and I know I have an Ophelia Ferrell. Will look as soon as I post this msg. Please email me right away rrcanna@netdoor.com and we will exchange information. THANK YOU! Are you related to the Plunketts who lived near us on Horseshoe (near Tchula) when I was a boy? My mother, Daisy Ferrell Harthcock, always referred to Mr. Plunkett as "Old Plunk." Don Harthcock

Lafayette N. B. Ferrell

Posted: 12 Aug 2000 1:08PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 6:36PM GMT
In case you don't have this, there is a photocopy of a picture of Lafayette N.B. Ferrell and one of his wives in the genealogy file of the Attala County, MS, library at Kosciusko, MS. No relation that I know to our Ferrells, but L.N.B. looked like one of our relatives.

lafayette and mary moore

aimee (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2001 4:35PM GMT
My gg-grandfather was lafayette napolean bonaparte ferrell. I know his wife Mary E moore was supposed to be native american. I need to know if you by chance know her parents names. I found Two Mary E. Moores on the Dawes Rolls. It would be nice to be able to prove my native american ancestory. please e-mail me with any information you have at ashelley@bolt.com

Re: Ferrells of Mississippi

aimee (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2005 8:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Your entire geneaology is a mirror image of mine. My g-grandfather was Riley ferrell his daughter Artie Bell who married Clemon Eugene Abel. My mother is their daughter Barbara Ann Abel. If you have any information that you think would be useful pertaining to lafayette and mary Elizabeth Moore I would appreciate it. Thank you

Re: Ferrell

Posted: 8 Feb 2010 10:28PM GMT
My grandfather was Thomas Jefferson ferrell a son of Mary

Re: Ferrell

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 4:47PM GMT
I am researching the family of Benjamin F. Watkins, born ~1800 in Virginia. He is listed in the 1850 & 1870 census records as having a daughter Ophelia born in 1861 in Mississippi. Is this the Ophelia you mentioned that married a Ferrell? If so, would you have any further information on her family. My ancestor was Wesley C.Watkins (her brother) who migrated to Arkansas.

Re: Ferrells of Mississippi

Posted: 17 May 2013 4:23AM GMT
My uncle was Jackson Ferrell b abt 1902 MS. He once said his father md a Dickard. I found him in the 1910 census with his brother Sam mother Susie in house of Walt Kite.
We believe his sister or cousin Martha Ferrell md John Walter White.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions