Search for content in message boards

Genealogists in Bohemia

Genealogists in Bohemia

Posted: 10 Feb 2005 9:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone know of a reputable genealogists in Bohemia that can be employed to do some research for me?

Re: Genealogists in Bohemia

Posted: 12 Feb 2005 2:35PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 3:35PM GMT
David

to add two more to the three that I posted to your query on Czech Republic's Genforum. I only know of them. Have not used their services. No harm in asking all of them for the regions they research and fees they charge.
a.kondrys@quick.cz
www.genea.cz

Duchie (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2005 6:01PM GMT
Surnames: Duczek, Duchek, Rurh, Blas, Gollhoffer, Grossman, Hickie, Wagner, Geimer, Hirschmuller, Sazbo, Bredsstetter
When you find a researcher, could you please let me know? We are in the process of moving and I do not always get to look at this bulletin board.

My father was born in Czernowitz, Bukovina, Austria-Hungary and immigrated to Canada with his parents. I have about three generations back.

The grandparents family names are:

Paternal: Duczek, Duchek, Rurh, Blas, Gollhoffer, Grossman

Maternal: Hickie, Wagner, Geimer, Hirschmuller, Sazbo, Bredsstetter

Thanks

Bill

Re:Duczek, Duchek

Posted: 12 Feb 2005 11:14PM GMT
Duchie

Do post on historical region Bukovina's board, if you have not.
Here is a map of Austria-Hungary :
http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/austhung.htm
I am sure you know that historical Bohemia and Bukovina are in different direction.
Try this site for research:
www.genealogienetz.de/reg
www.rat.de/kuijsten/navigator
www.bukovinasociety.org

Posted: 15 Feb 2005 7:07AM GMT
Edited: 15 Feb 2005 7:14AM GMT
Thanks for the feedback. The information you gave me was very useful in helping me to understand more about the geography of the area. I will move my inquiries over to the Bukovina site.

Thanks also for the web sites.

Re:map

Posted: 16 Feb 2005 12:11PM GMT
Your welcome, William.

This map might interest you even more.
http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/digkonyv/topo/3felmeres.htm

Posted: 16 Aug 2006 5:02AM GMT
Surnames: Clark, Hicke,Thiele, Hirschmuller
I would be interested to know the connection with "Hicke' in your line...Carolina (Karolina) Hirschmuller was g g g grandmother to my husband Elvin Clark, whose mother was Gertrude Hicke. This Hicke family homesteaded and lived near Spring Valley Saskatchewan.
Mona

John Dvorak (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2006 1:39PM GMT
Surnames: THIELE, NIESEN, etc
Thiele line interested me, in the email message I got today. Who are in that Thiele line? I would be happy to send you mine if you wanted to see if there is a conneciton. Mine are very sketchy to say the least, but if you want to see if we were connected in some way, I would be glad to email you the information I have.

M Clark (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2006 9:58PM GMT
John, I would be interested in your information on any of the Thiele or Hicke families. My husband's mother was Gertrude Grace Hicke(1914-1941), whose father was Michael Hicke (1885/6 Austria- 17 Feb.1938 Canada),mother was Gertrude Elizabeth Thiele (1885 Austria -22 Sept.1970 Canada), whose father was Josef Thiele(b. not sure-1926), whose father was Josef Sr.and mother was Joanna Hicke (1831Austria-1870 Austria). Josef Sr. 's parents were Venceslai 'Wenzel' Thiele(1791-1868 Austria) and Anna Tannhauser(abt1805-1868 Austria).

John Dvorak (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2006 2:40AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Thiel
Here's the info I have and for some reason it doesnt seem to be connected to anything, I don't remember how it got there. Maybe you can make sense of it.

Wilhelm THIEL
Wilhelm THIEL
Johannes THIEL
Johannes THIEL
Barbara THIEL
John THIEL*
Mathias THIEL
Maria THIEL
Nicholas THIEL*
John Mathias THIEL
Jacob Joseph THIEL
Maria THIEL