Search for content in message boards

Obit lookup please!

Obit lookup please!

Posted: 17 Sep 2006 1:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rusk
I live in Michigan, and would really appreciate it if someone could look up an obit (actually 2 - they were married) for me.

The name is either John Alexander Rusk, or Alexander Rusk. He was born in Canada about 1886. He was alive at least through 1930, when his last child was born. He is my biological maternal grandfather.

He was married to Mary Margaret Kehoe, also from Canada. She was also born about 1886-1888. Not sure where in Canada for either one of them. They lived in South Boston, Suffolk. They immigrated, I believe about 1912.

Any information would help. If I have a date, then I can get a certificate so I know where they were buried, and hopefully where in Canada they were born.

Thanks for the help!! I

Re: Obit lookup please!

Posted: 17 Sep 2006 5:10AM GMT
Did they live in Maine before going to MA?
World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
Name: Alexander John Rusk
City: Portage Lake
County: Aroostook
State: Maine
BirthPlace: ST John Newfoundland;Canada
Birth Date: 24 Jun 1888
Race: Caucasian
Roll: 1653904
DraftBoard: 2

Nearest Relative: wife & 3 children

Height/Build: med/slender

Color of Eyes/Hair: blu/brown

Signature:

Re: Obit lookup please!

Cheryl (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2006 11:49PM GMT
Thanks for responding. I saw that too, but I do not know for sure.

I was adopted, and have tried to get some of the Rusk people still living in Boston area to respond, to no avail. Alexander (or John Alexander) was my biological grandfather.

This may be my Rusk, or at minimum, may be related. It is entirelty possible that they did come through Maine, have, especially if they came from Newfoundland or one of the other NE provinces.

I will check further into this. I think there may have been a date issue.

Thanks for the update

Re: Rusk Family

Posted: 19 Sep 2006 12:48PM GMT
Surnames: Rusk, Kehoe
1930 census - Boston, Suffolk Co., Mass.
ED# 323, page 7A

John A. Rusk, 42, b. Canada, married at age 19, emigrated 1912, Naturalized citizen, odd jobs, city welfare.
Mary, wife, 43, b. Canada, married at age 20, naturalized citizen, homemaker.
Harriet M., dau., 13, b. Mass.
Margaret M., dau., 9, b. Mass.
Joseph F., 5, son, b. Mass.
Helen, dau., 3, b. Mass.
Mary, dau., 4, b. Mass.
Harold, son, 2, b. Mass.
---------------------------------------
1920 census - Boston, ward 22, Suffolk Co., Mass.
ED# 526, page 27A, #217 Boylston Street

Alexander Rusk, 36, b. Canada, emigrated 1915, both parents b. Canada, Teamster
Mary, wife, 37, b. Canada, emigrated 1915, both parents b. Canada, no occupation.
Gregory, son, 13, b. Canada
William, son, 9, b. Canada
Harriet, daughter, 3, b. Mass.
-------------------------------------------
1911 census - Glace Bay town, New Aberdeen village, ward 5, Cape Breton South, Nova Scotia
District #40, sub-district #25, page 6

Alexander Rusk, 22, b. June 1888, Newfoundland, emigrated 1903, Irish, Roman Catholic, Miner
Mary Rusk, wife, 25, b. Aug. 1886, Newfoundland, emigrated 1903, Irish, Roman Catholic.
Gegory Rusk, son, 4, b. July 1906, Nova Scotia, emigrated 1903, Irish, Roman Catholic.
Con Rusk, brother, 18, b. June 1892, Newfoundland, emigrated 1903, Irish, Roman Catholic, Miner
Richard KEHOE, 62, father-in-law, b. Oct. 1848, Newfoundland, emigrated 1902, Irish, Roman Catholic.
----------------------------------------------------

I'm not related. I just thought I'd see what I could find for you.

Re: Rusk Family

Cheryl (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2006 9:09PM GMT
I appreciate you taking the time to look that up. the one thing I found out is that the Rusk name is pretty popular.

What I really want, though, is his and Margaret's dod, and maybe where they are buried. I am planning a trip to Boston in the spring, and would really like to not have to spend an inordinate amount of time at the county clerks office.

My biological mother was their daughter Margaret. and, in 1930, another daughter, June was born. She later married a Perry. My mother married Dick Harvey and moved to Ashtabula OH, as did Dicks parents, Claude and Mary. In fact, my biological father was born in the city in Michigan that I live in. Small world.

I have plenty of history on the Harvey family, but very limited on the Rusk family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic