Search for content in message boards

records for disinterred grave/ New york city

records for disinterred grave/ New york city

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 3:00AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Barry/ Kavanagh
I finally found my great grand mothers death certificate and went to the cemetery listed only to find out that she was no longer in her grave. She was buried in 1892 and by 1908 there was a new occupant. There was no record of what happened. Could a body be removed with out permission for any reason? I would like to continue my search.

Annie Barry Kavanagh 1852-1892 buried in Saint Raymond Cemetery Bronx New York City , New York State.

Re: records for disinterred grave/ New york city

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 11:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kavanagh,Kallaghan,Doolan,Elliott,White,McNally
I wrote to the administratoor of the cemetery and the new plot was located. I learned that there are 12 people interred in the newer grave purchased in 1907 by Julia Kavanagh Kallaghan. The surnames are:
Kavanagh,Kallaghan,Elliott,White,Doolan,McNally.

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 5:56PM GMT
My Grandmother is also buried in Old Saint Raymond's cemetery. I overheard someone at her funeral (which was in 1999) say that they are removed 100 years after the last person is buried in that grave. I have a copy of the deed to the plot and I don't see anywhere on it that it states anything about removal, so I don't know how this can happen and if it only applies to St. Raymond's. I would suggest you call the St. Raymond's office, which I also intend to do.

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 6:09PM GMT
Surnames: Kavanagh
I wrote to the administrator of the cemetery and he had the staff perform a search and the records were located. Who ever owns the plot should be contacted according to the department of health.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions