Search for content in message boards

Looking for info on the Good Shepard Home orphanage in Hot Springs

Looking for info on the Good Shepard Home orphanage in Hot Springs

Elizabeth Kelley-Gregory (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2003 9:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kelley
Does anyone remember or have any info on the Good Shepard Home Orphanage on Malvern Ave. in Hot Springs. The home was operated by the Sisters of Charity of Refuge, (sometimes known as the Sisters of the Good Shepard) from appoximately 1901 to 1940? The orphanage no longers exists and there is now St. Michaels school and the Perpetual Adoration Chapel on the same site, at the same address on Malvern Ave, as the former orphanage.
If anyone has any info on this orphanage, especially around 1930 would you please post reply or e-mail me privately. I know the orphanage had a school for wayward girls and a private school for African Americans. I'm trying to find info regarding my Aunt Virginia Kelley who lived at the orphanage in 1930.
Thank you in advance for any info or leads you can give me.

Re: Looking for info on the Good Shepard Home orphanage in Hot Springs

doug (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2003 8:08AM GMT
would elizabeth please e-mail me with any info she has obtained about good shepard home. my mother medreth moser was living there during part of her youth and i would like to know about the homes records and where to obtain them or any history of the home that she has. thank you, doug reeves

Re: Looking for info on the Good Shepard Home orphanage in Hot Springs

Elizabeth Kelley-Gregory (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2003 8:14PM GMT
Surnames: Kelley
Doug,
I e-mailed the former Good Shepard Home awhile back about obtaining records on my Aunt Virginia but have not heard from them. Of course the orphanage no longer exists but St. Michaels school is still on the site and there is now a chapel there called the Adoration Chapel. St. Michaels school and the chapel are still run by the nuns who first established the orphanage....Sisters of the Shepard as they are still called by locals and otherwise known as Sisters of Charity.
The e-mail address is:
contactus@adorationchapel.org
per page

Find a board about a specific topic