Search for content in message boards

Brulie Labadie

Brulie Labadie

Posted: 9 Jun 2003 4:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jun 2003 4:31PM GMT
Surnames: Richard, Naquin , La Grange, adams
Does any one know where Brulie Labadie is located. This is where my grandparents were from- thanks nat

Re: Brulie Labadie

Posted: 27 Jun 2003 2:00AM GMT
It's called Brule rd. and it's in Labadieville. It is the street on the side of St. Philomenia Church in Labadieville. If coming from Thibodaux it is the street before the church. If coming from Napoleonville it is the street after the church. Good Luck I hope that this help. Stacey

Posted: 27 Jun 2003 12:43PM GMT
Edited: 4 Feb 2004 3:17AM GMT
thanks Stacey

Posted: 19 Aug 2003 11:34PM GMT
A "Brule" or "Brulie" or "Brusle" or "Brusly" or "Bruly" -- it seems no one agrees on the spelling, is simply a French term for an area that has been "cleared" or literally "burned." A "Brûlé" is usually a term used for an area in the rear of a plantation or town. Many of the towns in South Louisiana were settled along Rivers & Bayous...for examples the Mississippi River & Bayou Lafourche. The main plantation buildings or towns would have been closest to the river or bayou and the "Brûlé" furthest away. So in the rear of the town (southwest) is the Brule Labadie area. It is in the general vicinity (if you look on a map) at the junction of Hwy 1010 & Hwy 398. So the "Brule Road" referred to in the other post leads to this area. There are several examples of other Brules in Assumption Parish...."Brule St. Vincent", "Brule Maurin" & "Bruly St. Martin" are other examples.

Posted: 20 Aug 2003 2:26AM GMT
Edited: 4 Feb 2004 3:17AM GMT
Thanks so much for answering my query-- this gives me some idea of where my grandparents lived-
thanks
Nat
per page

Find a board about a specific topic