Search for content in message boards

SWINGLE, Frederick

SWINGLE, Frederick

Dot Rutherford (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Sep 2002 6:35PM GMT
Surnames: Swingle, Enslin

Looking for descendants of Frederick Swingle, Wayne Co. PA.
Biographical Record of Northeastern PA:
Children of Frederick listed: Charles, Elijah B., Jacob, Moses, Levi,Benjamin,Leonard, Annie, Polly

From Frederick's Will: Grandsons Frederick, Francis, Chauncy
Granddaughter: Rebecca Enslin

ENSLIN, Elizabeth m. SWINGLE, Elbert b. 1865

Posted: 11 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Sep 2002 10:33PM GMT
Surnames: Enslin, Swingle

Hi,

I don't know if this helps. My parents were in Honesdale, Wayne County, PA recently and came across a reference to Enslin in relation to Swingle (one of the names I'm researching). They found Elbert Swingle (1865-1927) m. Elizabeth Enslin ( - ) and had the following children: Leona (1892- ), Lena F. (1893- ), Ruth M. (1896- ), and Gertrude (1899- ). I can get specifics from them on where they found it - they had gone to the courthouse and historical societies, and they gave me the information over the phone. One of the sources of information on Swingles was from Mrs. Earline Pugh,of Mayetta, KS I haven't had a chance to contact her myself yet, but maybe she can help you. I'm not sure if I should be posting her address and phone here, so you can e-mail me at gshobbs@orbitworld.net if you would like them.

Good Luck!

Greg

SWINGLE, ENSLIN

Posted: 18 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2005 4:52PM GMT
Surnames: Swingle, Enslin

I am related & directly descended from SWINGLE & ENSLIN family from Wayne Co. I have info from old family notes & would like to hear from others from these as well as many other Wayne Co. families.. families.

SWINGLE, Bart c1848

Posted: 8 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Sep 2002 10:46PM GMT
Surnames: Swingle
Jean,

You mentioned having "Swingle" in your line. Do know of a Bart Swingle who lived around 1848?

Thanks Dorothy

SWINGLE, Sarah b. 1808 m. SHARPSTEEN, Stephen b. 1799

Posted: 23 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Sep 2002 10:49PM GMT
Surnames: SWINGLE, SHARPSTEEN, SHORTER
I have Sarah Swingle born 1808. She married to Stephen Sharpsteen who was born Apr 1, 1799 and died May 22,1875 in Honesdale, Wayne County, PA.
The father of Sarah Swingle was John Swingle.
The mother of Sarah Swingle was Cathherine Shorter.
Sarah (Swingle) Sharpsteen and Stephen Sharpsteen had six chhildren: John,Clark,Drucilla, Maria,Aldruda and Benjamin.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic