Search for content in message boards

Cheek Family

Cheek Family

Kena Smith (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cheek, Harington
I am looking for any descendents of Benjamin H. and Nancy
Harington Cheek. They moved from North Carolina>Verona,Marshal County,Tennessee between 1850&1860.
They had 11 children;James A.,Elizabeth,Nancy J.,Louiza Bell,Benjamin,William H.,Lydia Melissa,Margaret Ann,Martha Ophelia,Mary E.,and my GGrandfather,John Franklin.
If anyone has information about this family please contact me.

Thank You,
Kena Smith

Jeremiah Cheek

Posted: 15 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jan 2003 3:54AM GMT
Surnames: Cheek, Houston
Looking for the names of Jeremiah Lee Cheek and Tabitha Houstons' parents.
Jeremiah was born abt.1750 in NC, and died abt.1832 in Marshall Co.,TN. He was married to Tabitha (Houston)?
She died in 1834 in Marshall Co.,TN.
Thank you,Kena Cheek Smith

Jeremiah Cheek

Posted: 14 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jan 2003 3:54AM GMT
Surnames: Cheek
Thank you Dorothy for responding. Jeremiah was born about 1750 , supposedly in NC. He died about 1823 in Bedford County, TN. Whatever info you may have would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
Kena Cheek Smith

Jeremiah Cheek/Descendents

Dorothy (Cheek) Ping Mason (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CHEEK
To: Kena Cheek Smith RE: Marshall County, Tennessee

Read your Query in search of descendents of Jeremiah
Cheek. I have the Cheek genealogy dating from Jeremiah's
birthdate in 1823 on to the present time and I am a direct descendent of Jeremiah. Hopefully this is the same person and line you are working on. ou may contact me online and
I will be very glad to talk to you and answer questions that I may have information about.

Dorothy (Cheek) Ping Mason

Re: Jeremiah Cheek/Descendents

Posted: 21 May 2002 12:12AM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2003 11:14PM GMT
From what I have found I must be a direct decendant of Jeremiah Cheek, (unless there is more than one). My line goes from Matilda Jane Cheek, back to Henderson Cheek, Miles Cheek, Edmond Cheek, Jeremiah Cheek. But I know nothing about these people. Matilda Cheek married Lewis Lafayette Stafford, they had James Henderson Stafford, then came my grandmother Florence Etta Stafford Power, then my dad Thomas Richard Power jr., then Me, Mary June Power-McCarty. I am searching for all the information I can find. My dad died in 1982, and we were searching then. He said we were Cherokee, and he wanted to know from where. He knew there was Cherokee in the Polson line, but his mother had told him there was also either Cherokee or Creek in the Cheek line. Can you help? Anty information would be greatly appreciated. Mary Power-McCarty

Re: Jeremiah Cheek

Doris O Sink (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2003 8:19PM GMT
Surnames: Cheek/Doyle/Roy/Davis
His name is Jeremiah Cheek and not Jeremiah Lee Cheek. Leave the "Lee" out it doesnot belong there. Jeremiah Cheek married Tabitha Doyle and not Tabitha Houston. I visted a Cheek cousin in Marshall Co Tenn and his data is exactly as mine it came from old Cheek letters and I have a copy of original letter. My great grandfather Rev. D.W.Cheek also wrote our family tree and I have the original copy of his.

Doris O. Sink (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2003 8:22PM GMT
I have the Milus Cheek/Emiline Ball pedigree done many years ago. Contack me private and I will share.

Mary (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2003 7:16PM GMT
Doris, you can reach me at micmar@datalinkok.com , since I can't seem to find your email address.

Mary

Re: Jeremiah Cheek

Posted: 22 Jan 2004 11:45PM GMT
Edited: 28 Apr 2004 6:13PM GMT
Doris & Kena - My records show that Jeremiah Cheek's father was Elisha Cheek born before 1775. He died in 1818 in Robertson County Tennessee. I think he may have also lived in Marshall County Tennesee at some point during his life. I do not know who his wife was. Doris, do you have any information about him, his wife or his parents?

Peggy (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2004 3:11AM GMT
I forget how you descend from Jeremiah. He died in 1823 not born. Tabitha died in 1834.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions