Search for content in message boards

Sheriff William Brady of Lincoln County New Mexico

Sheriff William Brady of Lincoln County New Mexico

Posted: 11 Jun 2000 10:08PM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2001 1:06PM GMT
Looking for parents and siblings of Sheriff William Brady of Lincoln County New Mexico. He was shot and killed by "Billie the Kid". He was my great-great grandfather and my grandmother was Josephine Brady, sister of Nadine Brady. Please reply.

Peter Reinsford (?) Brady

Jennifer Brady-Bavender (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2000 3:01PM GMT
We are looking for any connection to the Brady line who traveled west into Texas, New Mexico and Southern Arizona. My Grandfather was Hilbert Brady, born in Florence, AZ 1914.

Joseph Jackson Brady b. 1829 TN d.1908 Willis OK

Posted: 23 Jul 2000 11:12PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2001 5:28PM GMT
Am seeking info on this Brady family, both ancestors
and descendants. He married Almeda Butler in 1860 in Wayne
Co. TN. Apparently he had a previous marriage with two children
both girls:
1. Mary Elizabeth Brady b.1854
2. Mary E. Brady b. 1858

Joseph J. Brady and Almeda Butler had the following children all born
in TN. They moved to TX, then Ok after Civil War.

1. Martha Jane Brady, married J. T. Hammonds, Lamar Co. TX
2. Lucinda Fairbelle Brady, married John Milton Thomas, Grayson Co. TX
3. Joseph Jackson Brady, Jr. married Delfa Wehunt, Lamar Co. TX
4. John William Brady, married Hetti Mildren Wilson, d. in Beckham Co. OK
5. James David Allen Brady, m. Mary Alice Cassell, d. in Lea Co. NM
6. Nancy A. Brady, died as child
7. Abraham Grant Brady, died as child

Peter Rainsford Brady

Frederick Hambly (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2000 7:19AM GMT
That's Peter Rainsford Brady..He was my great-great-grandfather...my mother was a Brady. I can tell you all you want to know of the old Arizona pioneer...please contact me..I believe I spoke to Hil Brady's widow a few years ago in Phoenix.
fhambly@earthlink.net

Re: Peter Reinsford (?) Brady

Posted: 22 Jun 2002 10:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BRADY, MULCAHY, KEMP

Hello,

I was doing some research on my family and found your name.

Robert Lyle Brady of New Mexico born in 1910 was my father. He passed away in 1996. His first marriage was really unknown to most in the family but I was told about it by his sister Alma when she was alive. I am the youngest of his children and am 33. There are 5 of us left.

Nancy T.Brady (me)
Almita Brady Nunnelee
Marilyn Brady Mulcahy
Kathy Brady Sparling
Steve Brady (passed away in 1987)

I'd love to hear from you.

Thank you
Nancy

RE: Robert Lyle Brady

Marianne Fahey (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2002 12:34AM GMT
Does your father happen to be related to Sheriff William Brady of Lincoln County, New Mexico......

I do know that he had several children including a son named Roberto (b. 1867 in Lincoln County) who married a Manuelita L. Torres........could that possibly be your father's grandparents/parents?

Let me know as I have all the information on the Brady's that my mom compiled for us before her death.

Marianne Fahey

RE: Robert Lyle Brady

Nancy Brady (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2002 12:45AM GMT
My father may be related in some way to the Sheriff although I don't know. It is more than likely given the date of Roberto's birth, that the Sheriff was related to Frank A Brady my grandfather and Robert's father in the Waltrus/Las Vegas New Mexico area.

What do you think>?
Nancy

Does your father happen to be related to Sheriff William Brady of Lincoln County, New Mexico......

I do know that he had several children including a son named Roberto (b. 1867 in Lincoln County) who married a Manuelita L. Torres........could that possibly be your father's grandparents/parents?

Let me know as I have all the information on the Brady's that my mom compiled for us before her death.

Marianne Fahey

Re: Sheriff William Brady of Lincoln County New Mexico

Posted: 4 Feb 2003 1:49AM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2003 6:13PM GMT
I'm sure you have already found this information, but thought I'd pass it along just in case:
Parents of Sheriff William Brady are:
John and Catherine Brady, William was born August 16, 1829 at Cavan, County Cavan, Ireland. He left Ireland for America in about 1851. He enlisted in the Army 7/11/1851 and left the Army in 10/1866. He was married to Maria Bonifacia Chaves Montoya on November 16, 1862. There is more information posted at the following site, including photos:
http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/billythekid/brady.html
Fair warning, it basically calls him corrupt, etc., but it is informative as far as the above info.
Also, please email me, as I have a Brady in my line that I can't find anything on, maybe you can help.
Thanks and hope the info helps you.
m_pierce@direcway.com

Posted: 20 Jun 2003 7:01AM GMT
Hi My name is Katherine. I have information which I was given at a family reunion for the ancestors of William Brady. Your mother Josephine may have been there? I am also a great great grandaughter of William and Bonifacia Brady. My grandfather on my mother's side was the son of Catherine Brady and Frank Randolph. We may be able to help eachother.

Posted: 10 Jul 2003 5:27PM GMT
Hello Brady Researchers,

There is another book, “Sheriff William Brady, Tragic Hero of The Lincoln County Wars” By Don Lavash. Mr Lavash worked as a historian in the New Mexico State Records Center and Archives.

The forward written by Robert M. Utley of Santa Fe in 1984 states

“Now comes Don Lavash to rescue Brady’s reputation and repainting the opposing faction in the darkest hues. No longer is Brady the pawn of Murphy but rather and honest, fearless public servant dedicated to law and order and to bringing civilization to this remote and troubled corner of the Territory. Lavash see Tunstall and Mc Sween as unscrupulous adventures intent on displacing Murphy and Dolan as the overlords of Lincoln Co. When the conflict intensified, Lavash charges, McSween put up the money to pay for Brady’s assasination.

This is heady stuff – radical revisionism, no less. It is sure to provoke debate among the fraternity of Lincoln County War students and Bill the Kid afficionados. But Lavash weaves a plausible plot, one that may well have unfolded in reality. Whether or not he has made his case, readers must judge for themselves. What is not debatable, however, is that this version is entitled to thoughtful consideration, for few authorities command the subject and its sources as Lavash”

Mr. Lavash acknowledges the family of William Brady in his Preface

“ I want to express my gratitude to Arcadio Brady, Bennett Leroy Brady, Billy Brady, Max Brady, Mabel (Brady) Neubauer and Bonnie (Brady) Tully, grandchildren and great grandchildren, who supplied vital information and photographs used in the book. Their contributions provided insights into the troubled community of Lincoln, New Mexico.”

Signed copies of this book are in the possession of Bonnie (Brady) Tully’s grandchildren.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions