Search for content in message boards

McGrath Family from Dublin to Australia

McGrath Family from Dublin to Australia

Beverly Betts (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2006 12:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McGrath
Looking for information relating to William Joseph McGrath married to Bridget Fitzgerald (Dublin) c1862. Came to Australia c1865 with son James Joseph McGrath who was born Dublin c1861.
Wondering if anyone knows which ship they came to Australia on & the exact year?

Re: McGrath Family from Dublin to Australia

Posted: 14 Apr 2006 9:14AM GMT
I have a Susan Charlotte Mcgrath born c 1862 in Dublin to William McGrath. She came to Australia in 1884 with her new husband Christopher St George French. They arrived aboard the SOABRAON into Victoria. Maybe a connection.. James' sister??
Cheers Theresa

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 5:03PM GMT
Surnames: MAGRATH/McGRATH/FRENCH
Churchrecords irish geneaology show Susan Charlotte Magrath was born at 78 Capel St to parents Robert Charles & Cecilia (26.9.1864)- despite what it says on peerage.com. Her address on marriage to Christopher St George French in Dublin is given as 16 Glengariffe Parade - the home of 'parents' recorded at that time as being William & Elizabeth. When Susan Charlotte was born William & Elizabeth lived at 72 Capel St (3 doors away). William & Elizabeth did actually have a child Susan/Susanna (b8.2.1862). William was my great-grandfather. Susanna's niece told me that Susanna herself married in Australia.

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 7:47PM GMT
Surnames: Magrath/McGrath/French
Some clarification ...
Charlotte Susan Magrath b26.9.1864 Dublin, buried 11.7.1953 Dublin was the daughter of Robert Charles Magrath & Cecilia Magrath (previously Flynn nee Rich).
Susan Charlotte Magrath (but actually christened Susanna)b8.2.1862 Dublin & who migrated to Australia, having married Christopher St John French, was the daughter of William and Elizabeth Magrath.
When Charlotte Susan was born in 1864 the 2 familes were living at 72 and 78 Capel St Dublin. Robert Charles and William's fathers were called William, so could be they were brothers - but no proof of this last so far - has anyone else?

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 11:20AM GMT
Greetings Ian,
I have traced some ancestors of Susan Charlotte Magrath (Charlotte Susan Magrath) who may be connected to my family who lived in Dublin in the early 1800s. Please contact me if interested or if you have any information about a Robert Lovell Magrath of Dublin
Regards
David Magraith

Posted: 7 May 2013 11:53AM GMT
Hi,
I have all sorts of bits & pieces - although I haven't come across a Robert Lovell. Robert is definitely a name used quite a bit in the family tho. You can e-mail me at tuimagrath@gmail.com to swap more
I
per page

Find a board about a specific topic