Search for content in message boards

William Hunt of Virginia (1600s)

William Hunt of Virginia (1600s)

Posted: 23 Dec 2007 9:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am a descendant of William Hunt Allen and Frances Grant. William Hunt Allen's grandfather, William Hunt, was part of Bacon's Rebellon. He died in 1676 after being imprisoned because of Bacon's Rebellion. According to basic research, it says he was born in France. Could anyone help me see if he was French or part of the Jamestown Hunt family?

Name: *William Hunt
Sex: M
Birth: ABT 1599 in France
Death: 11 NOV 1676 in Charles City,Virginia
Burial: Bachelor's Point, Charles City,Virginia
Note:
William Hunt was a planter and merchant factor. Charles City Co records show that on 3 Dec 1656 William Hunt of Buckland purchased 300 acres in James City Co VA from Rice Hoe, and on 21 Mar 1665 he patented 346 acres. In 1676 he was suspected
of taking part in Bacon's Rebellion, was imprisoned, and died in prison. He had been a factor for Alderman Booth of London, receiving shipments of goods to be sold in VA, so in 1677 a bill of attainder was issued, and all his property was
Note:

Re: William Hunt of Virginia (1600s)

Posted: 1 Sep 2009 1:38PM GMT
Surnames: Hunt, Allen
I would like to discuss William Hunt from Charles City. I descend from his daughter Mary Ann Hunt and her husband William Allen in Buckingham, Va. George Hunt Allen continued my line. I recently located Wm Hunt Sr's gravesight and 1676 tombstone along with that of a grandson in Charles City. I have a bit of information concerning him and his wives and children and would be happy to share.

Posted: 24 Feb 2010 8:53PM GMT
I, too, descended from Mary Hunt and William Allen. My line intermarried with the Sublett and Dudgeon families. I would be most grateful for any information you have on the Hunt burial place and the family. My email address is kksinclair@aol.com. Thanks, Kelly Sinclair

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 2:02AM GMT
Surnames: Hunt
I just located William Hunt Sr and his grandson's gravesites at Bachelor Point in Charles City County, VA. I am very interested in any information you might have about him. I descend from his son William. Thank you.

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 3:39AM GMT
Surnames: Hunt
Did you get a chance to see the grave stones? William Tyler (President John Tyler's great grandson)gave me a tour of the property last year and showed me multiple cemeteries. What information about William are you looking for... Ancestors or descendants?

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 6:48PM GMT
We did see the grave stones. Harrison Tyler took us out to see them. We did not see multiple cemeteries though. How many are there and who else is buried there? I descend from Judkins Hunt Sr. (1747-1818) s/o Thomas Hunt Jr.(1716-1759); s/o Thomas Hunt Sr. (1690-1724?; William Hunt Jr. (?)
William Hunt Sr. (1599-1667). Trying to find out if this lineage is correct. Don't know past William Hunt Sr. Know up to Judkins Hunt Sr. with surety. Any help you could give me would be appreciated! Thanks, Marissa

Posted: 11 Oct 2010 7:11PM GMT
William HUNT I b. c 1599 d. 11 Nov 1676 in VA He was buried at Bachelor's Point, Charles City, VA wife Ann - - - b c 1625 died after 1694 in VA. They had two children William HUNT b. 1650 d. c 1716 and daughter name unknown who married a Mr. TYLER.

"About 1663 William HUNT was exec. of the estate of Charles TYLER. Could this be his daughter's husband?"

William HUNT II b. 1650 d. c 1716 Surry Co., VA married Tabitha b. 1656 alive in 1714. Children: (unproven) (1) William HUNT b c 1683 d. 9 Sept 1694; 11 yrs 8 Months 28 days; buried at Bachelor's Point, Charles City, VA.; (2)George HUNT b 1693 probate Feb 1725/6; (3)John HUNT b. 1678 d. by 1716 (William HUNT II inventory was divided between John HUNT and George HUNT) (4) Mary HUNT b. 15 May 1695 d. 08 March 1763 . (She received land on Nottoway River that her father gave her.)(5) Anne HUNT b. by 1701 d. c 1761 married John MACON. (1 April 1714 a memarandum state William & Tabitha HUNT had 2 daughter Mary b. 15 May 1695 who married Robert MINGE and a daughter who married John MACON.
I never proved a son Thomas HUNT.

Posted: 21 May 2012 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: Hunt, Harris
I am descended from William Hunt Sr of Charles City, Virginia daughter Mary Hunt and Robert Edwards and I had thought her mother was Judith Burton but it appears from the cemetary information that her mother was Ann Harris. Do you have any information about Ann Harris? Thanks

Posted: 22 May 2012 3:58AM GMT
I have not gotten that far along just found that my real ggrandmother was Maryanne Hunt of born in 1842 died in 1892. She was married to Isaac M Whitt. They were married in 1860 in Kentucky, I believe she is the daughter of Wilson D. Hunt who was born in Alabama, if so then she was born in Tennessee, but her mother Malinda Turman who was born in Kentucky. Can't help you with William but if you have any informatin on my Hunts I would love to know. Margaret Albright marg222@yahoo.com

Posted: 23 May 2012 6:32AM GMT
Go to
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tompkins/

then click on the Manuscripts link, and see the manuscripts by Catherine Bond Gheesling
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions