Search for content in message boards

LOLLEY/ COSHATT/PITTS

LOLLEY/ COSHATT/PITTS

Susan Beeler Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Searhing for info on Henry Lolley Sr. marr Elizabeth Gaskil Coshatt 22 Jul 1849 Shelby Co AL. Also, info on Jeremiah Lolley d.1848 Shelby Co AL whose father-in-law was William Pitts.

LOLLEY - PITTS

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
I have a JEREMIAH LOLLEY married NANCY PITTS
I have just started searching my Native American line, I have not confirmed this information yet

Elizabeth Gaskill Coshatt

pam coshatt mcleod (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coshatt
Elizabeth Gaskill Coshatt was married to Jacob Coshatt, Jr. who moved to Shelby County,AL from Randolph County, NC. I do not have a marriage date. Jacob Coshatt was born in 1790 or 1800 and died before 1849. I have his descendants from present day back to about 1710.

Jacy Cashatt

Posted: 28 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CASHATT
My ancestor, Jacy Cashatt b. 1847 Shelby Co AL. Was she Martha age 3 on 1850 census with mother Elizabeth Cushatt and step-father Henry Lolley? Or was she Elizabeth age 3 with Anderson Cushatt? In 1860 census was she Elizabeth age 13 with J.A. Cashatt, Martha age 14 with Jesse Cashatt, or Jesse age 14 listed with Francis Cashatt, age 20 (brother)? I believe this is the most likely one and this would account for the name change Martha to Jesse. Do you have any information on Martha, dau. of Jacob and Elizabeth? My Jacey Cashatt m. Houston Pitts 1868 Shelby Co Al; moved to TX in 1870. Would like to know Jacob's descendants. Thank you. Susan

Jacy Cashatt

Susan Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cashatt
I guess that could be "little jacy" Do you have a source for the birthdate of Letta Jassie? Do you think 1874 is correct? If it is, it couldn't be my gal. Also, on the 1850 census Elizabeth's children are listed as: Rebecca, Shelby, Jane, Francis, Martha, Nancy, and James. Martha's age is right for Jacy. Thanks, Susan. This wouldn't go thru using your e-mail address.

Jacy Cashatt

pam coshatt mcleod (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coshatt
I have not come across a Jacy Coshatt in my research. I have Nancy, Jessie J., James, Jacob Shelby, and John A. as children of Jacob Coshatt, Jr. and Elizabeth Gaskill. Also, there are two unidentified daughters which could be Jacy. John Anderson Coshatt and Elizabeth Hinton had a child named Letta Jassie, b 11/1874(?) Could this be the same and just spelled differently?

Coshatt,Lolley (Lawley)

Elvia Booth (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coshatt, Lolley or Lawley
I have a Louisa Coshatt married to a Lewis Lawley they had a daughter named Eliza Lawley. I have no other information. Would like to know the parents of Louisa Coshatt and Lewis Lawley. They all resided at one point in Shelby County, Alabama. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Elvia Booth

Jacob Coshatt and Elizabeth

Posted: 7 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2006 2:21PM GMT
Surnames: COSHATT
Jacob Coshatt Jr. was the son of Jacob Cashatt Sr. who died in Randolph County North Carolina about 1829 and names his children in his Will. Jacob Coshatt Jr. is the only Coshatt in the state of Alabama in 1830, and is on the Shelby County census for that year. He dies by 1849.

Jacob Jr.'s wife Elizabeth first appears in 1850 has the new wife of Henry Lolly ( married 22 July 1849). She was born in "South Carolina". It is unproven just how many of Jacob Jr.'s children are hers. Since he is North Carolina born and she South Carolina, it would appear that she is not his first wife. The Shelby County marriage book for the 1830s is lost. She marries Henry Lolly in 1849 as "Elizabeth Coshat" with the "t" not crossed. It was transcribed a few years ago as Gaskil, a mistake I believe!! I live here in Shelby County and xeroxed the record, so anyone needing to look at the certificate for yourself, I will gladly mail a copy so you can see what you think about it.!

Rebecca Coshatt

Alice Mechler (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: EVANS, COSHATT
I have a REBECCA COSHATT as 2nd wife of ANDREW JACKSON EVANS in Shelby Co. AL. c. 1850-60. Would like more information, if possible.

Rebecca Coshatt

Posted: 9 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
I have a Rebecca Coshatt that is the dau. of Jacob Coshatt and Elizabeth Coshatt. On the 1850 census, Rebecca is 18 yrs. old.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic