Search for content in message boards

Family Search

Family Search

Susan Decker (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Walrath, Wilson, Bishop
I'm looking for information on James Edmond Walrath who was a street car conductor in Des Moines, Polk County, IA. James was born January 26,1858, and he died on August 14, 1935 in Des Moines, Polk County, IA. He and his wife, Emeretta I. Wilson, had a daughter, Ruby Ellen Walrath who was born on December 10, 1884 in Neliegh, NE. She married James Menefee and upon his death married Frank Abrams. Ruby and Frank were my grandparents. Emeretta I. Wilson was the daughter of Edward Wilson and Eliza Ann Bishop.

Wilson's of Polk county

Margaret Wilson Lollar (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson
I am looking for connections to Wilson's in des Moines, (Polk County) Iowa. I was born in Des Moines in July 1943 and my father's name is William Dale Wilson. His father was named Dale Wilson and I know that my paternal grandmother was living in Des Moines in the early 1970's. She may not be living now. I have also been told that my father had children from a marraige previous to my mother and one of the boys would be William Dale Wilson III(or Jr.) My father was born around 1916 0r 17. Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks Mlw

Des Moines Wilsons

Susan Decker (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WILSON, WALRATH, COLE, CALDWELL, BISHOP
Margaret-My searching of the Wilson side of my family is just underway. I'm so sorry I didn't answer sooner. My great-grandfather was James Edmund WALRATH. He moved to Des Moines, Polk County, Ia. as a boy of 6 or 7. He married Emmeretta Isabella WILSON 28 September 1879. Emma's parents were Edward C. & Eliza A. (BISHOP) WILSON. They were married on 2 October 1851. Edward's parents were Pakcer (sp?) C. & Irebella (COLE)WILSON. They married 5 March 1825. Pakcer's parents were Robert & Mary (Caldwell- of Derry County, Ireland) WILSON,married 1798.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions