Search for content in message boards

what happened to...

what happened to...

Posted: 4 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Sep 2001 8:13AM GMT
Surnames: Anderson, Crutchfield, Scrutchfield, Critchfield, Scritchfield
my 5g-aunt Sarah [Anderson] married 1816 in Warrick Co, Indiana. They are on the 1st census of Texas. Soonafter, she & her family moved to Sabine Parish were her father Wyatt Anderson & her brother Wade Anderson lived. John Crutchfield (last name often misspelled) recv'd a Tx landgrant in Leon Co, Tx, but he may have "lost it" because he lived on the La side of the river. I found Sabine Parish census records later on for brothers John & William Scritchfield - I think they are aunt Sarah's sons. What happened to this family???
Kathye Upham KUpham@hotmail.com

Scritchfield/Sabine Parish, LA

Posted: 21 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Sep 2002 5:48PM GMT
Surnames: Scritchfield, Brittan, Dunn, Bice
My grandmother, Ruby Scritchfield (1895-1972), was raised in Sabine Parish, the daughter of Dr. J. H. Scritchfield. He died in 1905 (pretty young, maybe 30's, but don't have my records with me). I have found mention of John and William in Sabine Parish records and assume they are related but don't have proof as yet. My grandmother had a brother, Joseph Britton S., and William Britton Scritchfield is listed as a private in the 12th La. out of Sabine. Another reason to think they were related. I believe Joseph lived in Lake Charles, La. and has descendants there. I am checking on that.

If you find out more, let me know.

Re: Scritchfield/Sabine Parish, LA

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 12:03AM GMT
Hey! i know i am several years late and hope that you still have this account otherwise this was a waste of time. Joseph Britton Scritchfield is my grandfather. He and his family lived in Wilmot Arkansas the later moved to North little rock. this i where Most of his descendants are Including but not limited to My Aunt Linda cousin Barbie thomson, Uncle David. a few of his children have passed on. Cancer has taken a few. and is attack another right now. My family and i Own land in Sabine Parish. beautiful place really. anyway this is some information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic