Posted: 1 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT

Gosdin/Gosden Family

Posted: 12 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2001 9:19PM GMT
Surnames: Gosdin, Gosden, Colvin, Harris, Price
Am interested in the Gosdin/Gosden surname. Would like to correspond with anyone researching the same.

Re: GOSDIN

stephanie (View posts)
Posted: 24 Dec 2001 10:42PM GMT
hi i have family in clayton ga my granfathers name is havel gosdin his brother is vern gosdin and rex gosdin i dont know my g grandfather name but if you know any of these people let me know

Linda Hadder (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2002 6:11AM GMT
Surnames: Gosdin
Your line goes like this: Hervel Gosdin, Roy Gosdin, Steven Whit Gosdin, William Pinkney Gosdin, William Bailey Gosdin, Ezekiel W Gosdin. Will be glad to share information.

Re: Gosdin/Gosden Family

Posted: 19 Jan 2003 8:00AM GMT
I just started my research. My line is my grandfather William Maurice, his dad Jewell W and his dad John Henry.

Posted: 10 Jan 2004 10:43AM GMT
Surnames: Gosdin
Betty, I would love to share info with you. My grandfather is William Maurice Gosdin. I have been doing some research & have gotten stuck on two things & I need your expertise.
Thanks in Advance
Dawnyelle Gosdin Wickware
dware2@cableone.net

Jack DeSpain (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 2006 1:54PM GMT
Dawnyelle! My name is Jack DeSpain, Thelma Rosalene DeSpain Gosden is my aunt. Your grandfather William Maurice Gosden is my 1st cousin. Aunt Thelma"s mother is Lillie Mae Smith DeSpain, her father is Roscoe Conklin DeSpain. If you would like anymore information I will respond with what I can help you with. Jack

Posted: 10 May 2007 11:50PM GMT
Surnames: GOSDIN
Jack,
Saw your message on Thelma DeSpain Gosdin. She lived across the street from us, until her death. She lived with daughter
& family. I was looking at Gosdin info, as I like the music
of Vern Gosdin, & always wondered if they were kin. I see
that Vern Gosdin was born in AL, Randolph Co., & Thelma's
husband, Jewell Gosdin's Father, was born in AL. also.
We know Thelma's son Maurice Gosdin, as well as all the
other siblings.

Nelda Thompson
Colleyville, TX

Posted: 11 Aug 2010 5:49PM GMT
Hi Linda,

Not sure if you will receive this message some 10 years later, however, will take a stab at it in any case.

My husband is a descendant of Ezekiel W Gosdin, just curious to know if your are a descendant or have further info on Ezekiel W Gosdin and his parents.

Thank you,
Lisa Hunt Gosdin
Posted: 11 Aug 2010 6:56PM GMT
I got your message just now and not 10 years later. Am wondering why you think I might descend from Gosdins? I do have Hunts in my family. Would also be interested in learning of any potential Gosdins.

Linda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions