Search for content in message boards

Rutland Ohio burial Electa L. (Chase) Norton 1916

Rutland Ohio burial Electa L. (Chase) Norton 1916

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 12:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Norton
I am travelling to Ohio in May 2013 and am looking for the grave of my great great grandmother Electa L. Norton. I have her Ohio death cert which advises she died Jan 5, 1916 in Zanesville,Ohio and buried in Rutland Ohio, Jan 7, 1916. I have searched multiple cemetaries online for Rutland Ohio and not found her. Her husband was William H. Norton.

Any help in locating her is very much appreicated....I would love to find her ..Thanks

Re: Rutland Ohio burial Electa L. (Chase) Norton 1916

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 8:48AM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: NORTON
??

Name: Electa L Norton
Death Date: 5 Jan 1916
County of Death: Muskingum

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 4:12PM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2013 5:00PM GMT
Found a death certificate for her daughter Selvina Atkinson who also died in Zanesville. She is buried in Woodlawn Cemetery. Also found a son Charles Norton buried there. Maybe this will help. Any idea where William died and is buried?

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 1:57AM GMT
Hi WillJ1111..Thanks much for you efforts. I do see several of her children listed....Selvina, charles and anohter Americus in Midway ...but no Electa L. Norton (although death Cert says burial in Rutland. There is nothing on William H. Norton her husband either other than died jan 24, 1891 and again buried in Rutland. I am still looking ....thanks again for you help...

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 2:11PM GMT
Ok so I have two suggestions. One is to contact a local mortuary there and see if they can track down where she was buried. You have the date of death so it may be easier than you think. Two is to contact a local library there and see if they have access to any archived newspapers from the time. Most of the time they will be on microfilm. Once again having the date of death will come in handy there. The obituary may mention where she is buried. I think the mortuary is the best bet though.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions