Search for content in message boards

Parris Family

Parris Family

Aaron Watkins (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parris
Looking for information on Nathan and Nathaniel Parris brothers living in Gilmer/Fannin County after 1860. Nathan married first Elizabeth Trammell who died in 1866, he then married Milly Williams Botts, widow of James Jason Botts killed in 1863 fighting for CSA. I am particularly interested in locating any information on Nathan's oldest son Noah. His estate was probated by Nathan in 1867 in Fannin. Noah's wife was Elizabeth, last name unknown. She died around 1864. They had one daughter Sarah Ann who grew up in the Thad Ellis household. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David/George Parris/pearis/Paris/Pierce/Paris

Posted: 20 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jun 2003 7:35PM GMT
Surnames: parris, Pearis, paris, pierce
Please, Anyone out there. Do you come up with George Parris, possibly connected with the Cherokee nation in GA. I would appreciate some info. Will appreciate. He had a son by the name of David who married Mary Marr/Marr
Wanda

Noah Parris/Paris

Dawn Ridder (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SUTTON, LAWLESS, FREELAND, CAMPBELL
Noah is listed on the muster roll of Co "E", 65th Regiment GA Volunteer Infantry CSA from (Gilmer) Fannin Co GA. In the same company was Theophilus Sutton, the husband of Noah's sister Sarah.

Parris/Sutton

Posted: 22 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Do you happen to know who Noah's wife would have been? Any clue could help. My ggrandmother Mary/Sarah Ann Parris is/was their only child as far as I can tell. She was born in 1859 and appeared with her father Noah Parris and her mother Elizabeth? in the 1860 census of Fannin County. She married Carter Champion in Gilmer County in 1880/81. I have never been able to locate her in the 1870 or 1880 census. I believe Elizabeth died between 1864 and 1867. Nathan Parris probated Noah's estate in 1867 and there is no mention of her in the court records in Fannin County. Will look forward to your reply

Sarah Paris Sutton-Noah's sister

Dawn Ridder (View posts)
Surnames: SUTTON, LAWLESS, FREELAND, CAMPBELL
Sarah Paris Sutton, of Gilmer Co, and her husband Theophilus (Off) Sutton were on the 1870 Polk CO TN census, p.66, listed as T. Setten HH #45. In 1880, the family was enumerated in Morgan Co AL (ed-263 sht-2). In 1900 Off Sutton and wife were in Tarrant Co TX (ed-110 sht-15). He and Sarah were in Blossom, Lamar Co TX for the 1910 and 1920 censuses. They did not live in OK; Sarah must have traveled to make her Sept. 1908 application in Tahlequah, OK. She and Off both died in Lamar Co TX.

Parris/Sutton

Do you happen to have any information as to Noah's wife? His was killed in 1863 in TN with a James Jason Botts. James's widow Milly Williams Botts Parris married Noah's father Nathan Parris the Sheriff of Fannin County. Sarah and Off or T. Sutton later moved to Oklahoma. She filed a pension claim for being Cherokee, but it was denied. Do you happen to know anything more about the Parris family of Fannin/Gilmer County? Do you have information on Sarah Jane and T. Sutton's family line? Will look forward to your reply.

Re: David/George Parris/pearis/Paris/Pierce/Paris

Dede Aday MacDonald (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2001 7:29PM GMT
Wanda, I have a George Parris that was connected with the Cherokee Nation.

Dede

Re: Parris Family

Posted: 12 Sep 2002 1:07PM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2004 10:23PM GMT
Not sure I can help much. But I do have a Parrish in this place and time frame connected to my Surname Abercrombie:

Mary California "Callie" Abercrombie born 1870 Fannin Co. GA married 1889 Fannin Co. GA to Frank Parris b. March 1869 where is unkn. to me. Callie died 1967 i believe in Fannin Co Ga. Thier children were : Edith, Evelyn, Avery, Elizabeth Nell "Bessie", Glover, Farrish, Clifford, Ethel Parris.

I really do nt have much more Parris info. but do have more Abercrombie info.

Hope something here is helpful
Sandie

Re: Parris Family

Posted: 13 Sep 2002 1:09AM GMT
Sandie,
Thanks for the reply. Since many families inter-married some times in those days I would very interested in more information on Sallie if you have any. Siblings and spouses?
Connected or related families? I have her parents as James Crum Abercrombie and Mary Emaline Reynolds. I believe I verified this with census but really would like to know more about them as well. Can you verify? Can I help with any questions?
These Parris' are connected to the Trammell family of Gilmer/Fannin. Turner family of Gilmer and SC. Williams, Botts, and Ellis as well. Still trying to sort them all out. Are you from the Gilmer/Fannin area? Aaron

Re: David/George Parris/pearis/Paris/Pierce/Paris

Posted: 19 Sep 2002 11:59PM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2003 11:15PM GMT
Surnames: Paris,Parris, Wigley, Wisner,Wisener, Calley, Cole, Griffin, Gorham
I am interested in the Cherokee connection. Lewis Parris b. abt. 1802 SC married Phoebe Calley b.abt 1805 SC. They moved to Ga then during the Native American round-up for the Trail of Tears, the family moved to Alabama. After it was safe to return, some members of the family returned to GA. Ida Lee Wisener d/o Francis Keemer Cole & Snowden 'Noten" Andrew Wisener, told me a story about Indian Blood in her, she thought it was Cherokee, but really did not know. She said several of her ancestors married Indian woman. I mean no disrespect to the Native Americans, this is just how she put it. Ida d/o Snowden "Noten" Andrew Wisener s/o Jacob
"Jake" Daniel Wisener who Married Mary Elizabeth "Polly" Parris d/o Lewis Parris s/o Nathaniel Parris b 1760 NC. This is why I am very interested in the information you have on George Parris and his Cherokee Connection. I will gladly share information.
Thank you
Janice <ayg212001@aol.com>
per page

Find a board about a specific topic