Search for content in message boards

PITTMAN

Posted: 14 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Apr 2005 5:30PM GMT

I am looking for information on Matthew Pittman. He was born about 1756 and died on August 16, 1815 in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. He served in the Revolutionary War while living in Onslow County. I believe Matthew to be the father of Temperance Pittman, who married Robert Boyd. Would appreciate any information on Matthew and family.

Thanks!
Bart Boyd>Bart Boyd

Re: PITTMAN

Marie Grabow Pittman (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT

I'm researching Micajah Pit(t)man, Sr. b. ca. 1750 (possibly Rowan Co. NC; m. Lydia Morgan 1771; d. Pulaski Co KY) also Rev War Veteran. Could Matthew of Mecklenburg Co & Micajah be related? Any clues as to Matthews parents? Micajah, Sr.'s son, Micajah, Jr/Michael m. Sally Jones of Mecklenburg Co NC.

Posted: 15 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Apr 2005 5:30PM GMT

Hello Marie,

I'm not familiar with Micajah Pittman. But based on the dates, I suppose it's possible he could be a brother to Matthew. I haven't been able to find Matthew's parents'names or the names of any siblings. I do know that Matthew joined the army in Onslow County and based on military information, he was born in Virginia. Do those locations match up with Micajah? Matthew's daughter Temperance married Robert Boyd of Mecklenburg County. But I haven't been able to trace Robert Boyd's family any further back either.

Matthew Pittman (correction)

Posted: 22 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jun 2004 3:57PM GMT
Robert Boyd Newell and Matthew Pittman Newell were GRANDsons of Robert and Tempie (Pittman) Boyd. My slippance!

Matthew Pittman

Posted: 22 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jun 2004 3:57PM GMT
Surnames: Pittman, Boyd, Newell
Bart -- tried to email you and sent you some info but got no responses. I am descended from Termperance (Pittman) and Robert Boyd and have a lot of info on the Boyd/Newell families in AL. My gggrandfather was Robert Boyd Newell, first son of Robert and Tempie. (They named their 2nd, Matthew Pittman Newell). Robert received Bounty Land Warrants for his service in War of 1812 and he, James Newell, Matthew Pittman, Jr. and several related families settled in Tuscaloosa Co. AL in early 1830s. Please respond.

john pittman (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2004 6:09PM GMT
Micajah Pittman is my great great great great grandfather you said he died in Pulaski Co. KY> do you know the date and the cemetery hes in ?
Posted: 27 Jan 2006 9:03PM GMT
Surnames: Jones Pittman
I saw an earlier message in which Micajah Pittman was supposed to be married to a daughter of Sherred Jones and Patience Jordan. Do you have any info about this marriage? Any data on their lives and descendants? -Jennifer

Posted: 7 Feb 2006 10:11PM GMT
Hi Jennifer Lane Micajah Pittman SR. married Lydia Morgan there son Micajah Pittman Jr. married Sally Jones.. Sally Jones is the daughter of Samuel Jones and Patience Jordan..Samuel could be the first are the middle. Sherred could be the first are the middle.. I dont know but I do know that people use there middle name as the first name.. Micajah Pittman Sr. and Lydia Morgan childens had childrens that they named Micajah Pittman to..

Posted: 9 Feb 2006 10:30PM GMT
HI Jennifer Lane I saw on RootsWeb Message Boards -Message(Mecklenburg) a Wanda L Bouchey message that said Samuel Jones b.6/8/1741 in IsIe of Wight Co. VA. died 6/19/1802 in Mecklenburg Co. N. Carolina married Patience Jordan b.2/24/1746 IOW CO. VA. died 10/26/1820 in Mecklenburg Co. N.C. . Wanda also gives the names of there children and some of there husbands,wifes names to .Sally Jones is one of there childs that marred Michael (Micajah) Pittman..Becky Weaver replyed to the message saying that she believes her great grandfather Sherrod Jones is the son of Samuel Jones and Patience Jordan.. Becky also said that in 1860 Poinsett Co. AR. (Cross Co. was Formed from part of Poinsett Co. in 1862) census lists Sherrod Jones and his 3rd wife Mary Ramsey.. I think Becky Weaver woold have more information.Becky Weaver message was dated 11/9/2005..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions