Search for content in message boards

James Brown, DeKalb Co. GA, early 1800s

James Brown, DeKalb Co. GA, early 1800s

L. Brown (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2000 7:46AM GMT
Searching for origins of the family in SC.
5 children married John McWilliam children in DeKalb county, GA. Looking for any family ties.

BROWNS

R F BROWN (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2000 2:56PM GMT
HAY I KNOW MY BROWNS CAME FROM SC THROUGH GA. I FOUND RECORDS ON THE BROWNS IN BARNWELL SC LIBRARY WHICH I BELIEVE IS MY FAMILY AND COULD BE YOURS TOO. ITS THE FAMILY OF TARLETON BROWN'S FAMILY A REVOLUTIONARY SOLDIER. BARTLETT BROWN CAME TO SC AROUND 1768. HIS BROTHER WILLIAM CAME LATER THE FATHER OF TARLETON. THE BROWNS ARE A HUGH FAMILY. JUST LIKE THESE TWO BROTHERS CAME TO SC MY TWO BROTHER ANCESTORS CAME TO ALA. THEY LEFT ONE BROTHER IN SPARTA GA. AREA BECAUSE HE DIED AROUND 1803 AND HE WAS NAMED LITTLEBERRY. HE HAD AROUND SIX CHILDREN WHO I KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT ONLY THROUGH LITTLEBERRY'S WILL OR ESTATE RECORDS.
THE RECORDS I FOUND IN BARNWELL HAS A LOT OF INFO ON THE BROWNS WHICH SHOULD COVER A LOT. ALSO THERE ARE SOME McCALL-BROWN RECORDS SUPPOSELY IN ATLANTA GA. ARCHIVES I HAVE NEVER ACCESSED.BROWNS IS ONE OF THE MOST COMMON NAMES. R BROWN

James Brown, DeKalb Co, GA

Jeanette Cuthriell (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2000 2:13AM GMT
I have a James L Brown of Gwinnett and DeKalb Co, GA., b. 1821 m. Sophie Jolly. If this is yours, contact me at jcuthriell@worldnet.att.net

James Brown

Posted: 6 Aug 2000 10:26AM GMT
Edited: 1 Nov 2003 1:45PM GMT
I have a James Albert Brown born October 30, 1830 in Ga. I do know that he was in Gwinnet Co. at one time. He married Mary Ann Morton. If you can be of help I would greatly appreciate it.

James Albert Brown

Posted: 6 Aug 2000 3:56PM GMT
Edited: 25 Sep 2002 2:00AM GMT
I'm sorry but I looked thru all my Brown info and I have no info on a James ? that fit the date or marriage.

Jeanette
Posted: 7 Aug 2000 11:55AM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2002 6:21AM GMT
My gggrandfather was William Riley Brown born in Abeyville Dist in SC in 1808 He later moved to Ga and later to Ala where he died in 1903
I have a picture of the old man with long hair
in the 1840 census shows a female age 76 living with him i assume this was his mother/law any info on his parents would be appreciated let me know if you need any info that i have

Re: Browns

Jeff Brown (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2004 12:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
My great-great-great grandfather was William Riley Brown also born in 1808 of Abbeyville, SC. He fought for the Georgia Guards in the 1830's-moved to Muscadine Creek, AL where I believe he ran a saw mill. His eldest son John Brown died in the Civil War. I am descended from his second wife MaryAnne (McGee). I have never seen his picture, but know that the 1850 census has him living with an L. Brown, born in NC in the late 1700's.

Joe Brown (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2004 3:22AM GMT
William Brown br. in SC moved to Gwinnett Co, Ga then Polk Co.,Ga.then to Clebourn Co. Al. where he and wife Nancy Grimes both died in 1880. Any tie in with your Wm?

Jeff Brown (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2004 2:31AM GMT
My gggrandfather Wm. Riley Brown died in 1903, in AL. He was born in Abbeville, SC-then was a member of the Georgia Guards as a young man. He had been married to his 2nd wife Maryanne McGee in 1865. I know his eldest son from his first wife died in the Confederate army (Joseph Brown). Brown is such a common name.....but our different Williams are most likely related to each other since they're from the same area, about the same time. If you have any other info, my email is: jsbrmb638369242@aol.com Good luck.
Posted: 27 Apr 2007 12:09AM GMT
the l. brown that william riley brown lived with in 1850 could be larkin brown.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic