Search for content in message boards

family history

family history

hazel kennedy (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: king, donlon, keane, toprey, dodd

I am seeking any families associated with these names from county clare, six mile bridge area and areas near by.

TORPEY, TORPY, TORPHY

Posted: 10 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 9:14PM GMT
Surnames: TORPEY, TORPY, TORPHY
Hazel,
I just learned yesterday that my TORPEY family in New York State came from Ennis, Co. Clare, Ireland. Is Ennis in the area you're searching? I have an Anthony TORPEY, born 1823 in Ennis, and a James TORPEY, born 1825. I believe they are brothers but haven't proved it yet. Thanks. Karen Mohr, mohr@buffnet.net

FAMILY HISTORY

hazel kennedy (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: DAVIES, DAVEY, DAVY
PLEASE ANY INFORMATION ON ANY OF THESE NAMES IN co. clare.VERY MUCH APPRECIATED THANK YOU

King Donlon

Delia Mills (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
I came across Michael King and Bridget Donlon in NSW records. My Grandafather Timothy King came from Sixmile Bridge Co Clare. He had a brother Michael who disappeared in Australia after 1915.There is a marriage recorded between Michael King and Bridget Donlan in NSW in 1915, the death of a child in 1919 and of a Michael King in 1920. This is all supposition but may be of help

torpey family in county clare

Susan Jenkins (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Torpey
This message is in response to that of Karen Mohr from April 1999:
Dear Ms. Mohr,
I just came across your posting, over a year ago, on the County Clare site about your Torpey ancestors in Ennis. My maternal grandmother was a Torpey, born in Philadelphia in 1897. Her grandfather, John, emigrated from Ireland in the 1850's, we believe from Ennis. He lived in Bethlehem, PA for many years, working in the steel mills (his nickname
was "Rolling Mill"). My maternal great-grandfather from that line, his son Michael, was born in Bethlehem in the 1870's. My husband Ernie Sanchez and I have found some land records from the Ennis area that you
may find interesting and are in the process of trying to find John's father. There is no record so far of his father's immigration to the U.S., but there are immigration records for his mother, whose name was Catherine. Son John and mother Catherine are both buried in the New Cathedral Cemetary in Philadelphia. I have not seen the Christian names James or Anthony in the family so far. Lots of Johns and Michaels and Patricks, which are
also the names we are finding in the Ennis records.
I would enjoy sharing information with you.
Regards,
Susan Jenkins
Posted: 28 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Mar 2006 7:38PM GMT
Surnames: Torphey
I am researching the Torphey (Torphy) and noticed your entries. Bridgett Torphey born 1843 County Clare married Cornelious Morrissey in 1869 in Bendigo, Victoria, Aust. Bridgetts parents were John Torphey (farmer) and Honorah O'Connor, not sure if her parents emigrated with her to Australia, still checking this when able to. Wedding certificate does not say what part of County Clare they came from however I have noted there is listing for John Torphey's on Griffith valuation.

Re: family history

michael parr (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2001 5:11PM GMT
Surnames: keanes
trying to trace michael keane born 1925 area of coolycasy near sixmilebridge fathers name michael mothers name mary

Re: torpey family in county clare

Josie (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2002 11:05PM GMT
My Torpey family originate from Turnpike Road, Ennis, County Clare.
James Torpey born about 1829, married Mary Burke.
They had two sons.
Michael Torpey who married Margaret Touhy.
William Patrick Torpey who married Anne Mooney and Catherine Meere.
If any of these names are familiar to you, please contact me

Posted: 28 Feb 2002 2:08AM GMT
Surnames: Meere
Dear Josie,

I have just seen your notes re. Meere.

My ancestor Catherine Meere lived in Ennis, Clare with her parents Matthew Meere and his wife Bridget (nee McGowan) The Griffiths 1855 gives Matthew's address as Clonroad Beg of Town, Ennis Turnpike Road.

Catherine emigrated to Australia, married in Ballarat in 1860, and died in 1868.

Are we related???????

Posted: 28 Feb 2002 2:08AM GMT
Surnames: Meere
Dear Josie,

I have just seen your notes re. Meere.

My ancestor Catherine Meere lived in Ennis, Clare with her parents Matthew Meere and his wife Bridget (nee McGowan) The Griffiths 1855 gives Matthew's address as Clonroad Beg of Town, Ennis Turnpike Road.

Catherine emigrated to Australia, married in Ballarat in 1860, and died in 1868.

Are we related???????
per page

Find a board about a specific topic