Search for content in message boards

Baker

Baker

Louise Treat (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Baker, Pitcher, Easton
Jesse Baker, born 1720 son of John Baker & Sarah HurlburtBaker married Joanna Pitcher in Litchfield Co. Ct
looking for any information on this family and there children.
Posted: 18 Feb 2002 3:37AM GMT
Surnames: BAKER
I got my information on this family from:
Tom Crozier on Baker Family Genealogy Forum, Genealogy.com and "Alexander Baker, New England Immigrant, 1635, His Children and Their
Families, His Will, A Study for Further Study" by Rev. Anson Titus,
Somerville, March 1922, p. 13.

SARAH BAKER (27 SEP 1715) and DAVID ALLEN

Posted: 11 Oct 2012 4:42PM GMT
Surnames: Allen, Baker, Treat
I am researching the ALEXANDER BAKER family. I am descended from his grandson, JOHN.
John ( born 24 Dec 1681) married SARAH (maiden name unknown). They had a daughter,
SARAH BAKER (born 27 Sep 1715 at Woodbury), who married DAVID ALLEN (born 9 Feb 1712 at Suffield).
The Allen family moved to New Jersey about 1718. I have no record for Sarah, except the birth record at Woodbury.

Any information you could provide or the name of someone who would have information.
would be appreciated.

I am also descended from the Treat family.

Re: SARAH BAKER (27 SEP 1715) and DAVID ALLEN

Posted: 11 Oct 2012 6:14PM GMT
I believe she was born in 1681 in Woodbury - her last name Hurlbut. Father Joseph.

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 11:24PM GMT
This is correct. After many years of looking for Sarah, wife of John, I finally found the missing info, well documented in the land deeds of Woodbury, CT.

I have a copy of this deed somewhere in my records, and it clearly says that Joseph Hurlbut, gives land to his son John Baker. Obviously, son means son-in-law. The deed looked to be a wedding gift as it was dated within a year of John & Sarah's marriage about 1703.

Sarah was the daughter of Joseph Hurlbut and Rebecca Brown.

Hope this helps!

John B.

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 10:18PM GMT
Surnames: BAKER
Several people from his line have done their YDNA CHECK: Family Tree DNA http://www.FamilyTreeDNA.com click on Projects then click on B and then chose Baker 25. Alexander Baker, ca 1607 - ca 1685 (England-MA)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic