Search for content in message boards

Dauphin County Families

Dauphin County Families

Posted: 8 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Apr 2005 5:45PM GMT
Surnames: KLINE, HAYES, McCARTY, MILLIKEN, STEES, SPONSLER, BAYLEY, STECKLEY, PARKER, WALKER

Susanna PARKER b. 1811, d. 04 Jun 1855, was the second wife of Thomas MILLIKEN b.1794, d.28 Dec 1860, married circa 1826. She was the mother of eight sons and one daughter, all grew up in the borough of Dauphin, Dauphin Co. PA. Who were Susanna's parents? She was probably born in Allen's Cove, Perry Co. In 1850 the family is in Reed Twp. Dauphin Co. Thos. MILLIKEN, age 53, Hotel Keeper; Susanna, age 39; Thomas, 19; Joseph, 16; William 14; Susanna, 11; Jackson, 4; Charles, 1; Frances, 9. Isaac, b. 1827 the oldest son was married and living in the Borough of Dauphin. He is my ggrandfather.

Another Dauphin Co. Family

Don Billet (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Billet
In your research of records of Dauphin Co in the early to mid 1800's have you encountered any Billet families. My Gottlieb Billet moved from York Co to Dauphin Co between 1800 and 1810 and I seek names of his descendants who stayed in Dauphin County. Thanks
Don

Response to response

Posted: 21 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT

Don, I do not recall seeing the name BILLETin my Dauphin County research.Will keep the name in mind in the future, Jean M Bruce
Posted: 18 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Robin, I have limited information on the SPONSLER family, James Kinter SPONSLER b 29 Apr 1840, m. ca 1860 Susanna P MILLIKEN b 1838, James parents are John & Julia ETTER SPONSLER. My sources for information are MILLIKEN family records, Dauphin Co. census records, & the 1896 biographical book of Dauphin Co. PA, originally published by J. M. RUNK & CO. If you do not have access to this book I will copy the pages with SPONSLER families for you. Jean M Bruce

Sponsler

Robin (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sponsler, Jennings, Good, Shiley

I am looking for any information on Samuel Slater Sponsler b.1883 in Williamstown Pa. he amrried Gertrude Emma Jennings b. 1890 in Tower City Pa.

Re: Sponsler

barbara (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2002 12:48AM GMT
Hi Robin; My mother's maiden name was Sponsler, her first
name was also barbara, she was born in Tower City, Pa. April
4. 1908. She was the youngest of four children, she had two
brother and one sister..her parents died..we thought in flu
epdemic.when my mother was four or five. She and her siblings where adopted out. I have been trying to locate
info on her. But as the court house burned. I can not find anything birth, etc on her..I do not know her parents first
names. except that her mothers name was Elizabeth Miller; and fathers first name was William talk to you later.

Re: Dauphin County Families

Posted: 2 Apr 2002 12:36AM GMT
Do you know what happened to Annie (nee Getz) Milliken? She married Thomas Milliken in Dauphin County. He was the son of Joseph and Fanny (Hite) Milliken. Annie was my Pappy's Aunt. Thank you
Cindy Pelfrey
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions