Search for content in message boards

Marriage Bond Images for late 1700s to early 1800s

Marriage Bond Images for late 1700s to early 1800s

Posted: 12 Sep 2007 11:56AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Read/Reid/Reed, Morris, Vinanadt/Vinsazant, Sally, Hinkle, Lacky, Dyce, McCutcheon
While researching my Reed/Morris line I found a website containing images of marriage bonds. You can view these images at Rockbridge County VA USGenWeb Archives: http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/va/rockbridge/
Lots of surnames

Note:The Rockbridge County, VA Marriage Bond Project is owned by Marilyn Headley and Angela Ruley and is protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty provisions.

Re: Marriage Bond Images for late 1700s to early 1800s

Posted: 5 Sep 2010 3:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DICE/DYCE
Saw the DYCE surname in your surname list and thought it worth a chance....

Looking for information on a William DICE born about 1799 in Tennessee according to the 1850 Sping Creek, Phillips, Arkansas, USA. Enumerated as W Dice, age 48, Farmer, Tennessee, Living in household of Susan M. Harris, age 52, Virginia, also living in household, William B Harris, Arch H Harris, Dolly Ann Harris, Susan Dice, 36, Elizabeth Dice, 26, and Mary S Dice, 3, All Tennessee.

He married Unknown and had a son, Jasper DICE, born about 1838 in Tennessee and died about 1865, it is believed, in the Civil War. Jasper married Mary Eveline SEATON, born about 1845 Tennessee.

He married 2nd: Margaret CLABOUGH 8 Jan 1854 Phillips County, Arkansas, USA. They had two known children, Martha born 1854 and Missouri born 1856, both in Arkansas.

He married 3rd: Elisabeth (NeeUnknown), widow of Joseph RANSOM, before 1862 (no marriage license found). They had one known child: Robert DICE, born about 1862 in Arkansas.

I've seen the name listed as DICE, DIE, DISE and DYCE in records.

My father’s surname was changed from DICE to DYCE by the government when he joined the Navy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Renee’
thegenseeker@lycos.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions