Search for content in message boards

Photos of NC TN Bairds

Photos of NC TN Bairds

Carolyn (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2000 10:51PM GMT
I have photos of decendants of Alexander Baird and Elizabeth Jennings. Alexander lived in Richmond Co., NC at some time. He was the father to James, John, Thomas, Miles, William Jennings, Wilson (our line), Seldon, David, and possible others. Wilson was born in NC but later moved to Dyer Station, TN. Would like help to identify photos. Most date before 1900.

Zebulon Baird's children

Lynda Lockwood (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2000 1:01PM GMT
I'm looking for info on Zebulon Baird (1764-1826); married Hannah Erwin. They lived in NC and had at least 2 daughters. One was Mira Margaret (1802-1878), married David M. Vance (1792-1844), had at least one son, Zebulon Baird Vance (b.1830 in Buncombe County, NC-d.1894 in Asheville, NC) who became Gov. of NC. "Other daughter" married Col. Alfred Hunter from NC who fought in War of 1812, and they had at least 3 sons born in Buncombe County, NC: Alfred, John, and James Marvin (b.24 Dec 1829, 5 months prior to his cousin Zebulon Baird Vance). James Marvin Hunter is my great-great-grand-father. These 3 Hunter boys came to Texas, possibly through TN. Primarily looking for siblings of Mira Margaret Baird Vance. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Baird Family in Dyer Station, TN

Posted: 30 Sep 2000 9:29PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2003 9:54PM GMT
Hi Carolyn, You didn't leave your email address, so I hope you check your post again.

I know a little about the Baird family in Dyer. I also have pictures of Robert Baird and family taken around 1900. Baird and my family married each other way back then!!!
If you're interested please email me at
USCGRMC@AOL.COM

Alexander Baird

Pat Chambers (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2000 4:32PM GMT
Hi Carolyn - I just read your message. Alexander Baird was my ggggrandfather. My line goes through James. If you have not been in contact with John C. Baird, I suggest you email him. He has the Baird line traced back to 1675. His email address is Johncbaird@aol.com.

Photos

Posted: 20 Oct 2000 7:05PM GMT
Carolyn - this is Pat Chambers again. I am really interested in the photos you have. Is there any way you could e-mail me some copies? With the help of some of my cousins I may be able to identify some of them.

My e-mail address: Cha3firs@email.msn.com

Thanks, Pat

Baird Photos

Posted: 21 Oct 2000 11:49AM GMT
Pat
Have already planned to attempt an email on photos. Give me a couple of days. Contact me directly at csbaird@hotmail.com.
Carolyn

BAIRD PHOTOS

Posted: 3 Jan 2001 6:34PM GMT
Edited: 6 Nov 2001 3:08AM GMT
Pat,
Did you ever get an email of the photos? I descend from Zebulon Baird of NC and would be greatly interested if you wouldn't mind forwarding the email. My email is cdaniel383@aol.com.
Luci Leath Daniel

Re: Photos of NC TN Bairds

Posted: 17 Jul 2004 11:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Baird
I am descended from Seldon Baird (born 10 March 1791 in Richmond Co., NC), one of the sons of Alexander Baird and Elizabeth Jennings. I have the family tree and some photos from that point down to myself through the Baird line. My line settled in Wilson Co. Tennessee.

Let me know how I can help you and confirm information that I have.

Bill Baird (bairdwe@mindspring.com)

Re: Zebulon Baird's children

Posted: 10 Oct 2004 12:05AM GMT
Edited: 30 Mar 2006 10:05AM GMT
Surnames: Baird Vance
Since the posting I am responding to is 4 years old, I don't know where you are with your info. Have some info published in book "Baird and Beard Families" 1918 on Myra Margaret Baird Vance's siblings if you are still interested.

Re: Photos of NC TN Bairds

Posted: 20 Apr 2012 7:29PM GMT
Surnames: Baird, Henderson
I am descended from Josiah Baird b.1811 TN, and Eliz. A. Henderson (m. 1835). They had 4 children-Violet, William, Mary and Lemuel. Eliz. seems to have died before 1850, and Josiah married again and had more children. They were in Rutherford Co. TN. Do you have any information on the parents of Josiah or Elizabeth?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic