Is any of this connected to your line?
Descendants of William McDermott
Generation No. 1
1. WILLIAM1 MCDERMOTT was born 1825 in Ireland. He married MARY CLARK. She was born 1830 in Ireland.
Notes for WILLIAM MCDERMOTT:
born in Ireland
Came to the USA and moved to Blackstone and worked in the woolen mills as as a card tender.
He and his wife Mary lived there from at least 1848 to 1853
In 1850 census August 3rd, William was 25, Mary was 20, Michael was 1
Children of WILLIAM MCDERMOTT and MARY CLARK are:
2. i. MICHAEL JOSEPH2 MCDERMOTT, b. August 6, 1848, Blackstone, Massachusetts; d. December 21, 1923, 749 Westside Ave., Jersey City, N.J. USA.
ii. MALE MCDERMOTT, b. August 16, 1850, Blackstone, Massachusetts; d. August 16, 1850, Blackstone, Massachusetts.
iii. CHARLES MCDERMOTT, b. November 4, 1852, Blackstone, Massachusetts.
iv. MARY ANN MCDERMOTT, b. December 12, 1853, Blackstone, Massachusetts.
Generation No. 2
2. MICHAEL JOSEPH2 MCDERMOTT (WILLIAM1) was born August 6, 1848 in Blackstone, Massachusetts, and died December 21, 1923 in 749 Westside Ave., Jersey City, N.J. USA. He married ANNA MARGARET MURRAY April 22, 1874 in St Paul the Apostle, New York, N.Y, daughter of JAMES MURRAY and MARY PHENAY. She was born June 2, 1850 in Troy, New York, and died March 18, 1924 in Jersey City, New Jersey, USA.
Notes for MICHAEL JOSEPH MCDERMOTT:
5 foot 6 inches tall
was a boiler maker
was buried December 24, 1933 in Holy Name Cemetery, Jersey City , grave location section Block K Section 10 Grave 11 to 12
June 17, 1864 joined for duty Co. A 37th Inf, Trenton, NJ
June 23, 1864 mustered for duty, Private
October 1, 1864 mustered out
July 19, 1866 enlisted US Cavalry L CO. 4th US
July 1869 discharged in Corpus Christie Texas
April 22, 1893 invalid
July 10, 1924, Anna Marie applied for widow's pension
Additional records: state:
More About MICHAEL JOSEPH MCDERMOTT:
Burial: December 21, 1923, buried Holy Name Cemetery
Notes for ANNA MARGARET MURRAY:
Buried March 20, 1924 in Holy Name Cemetery, Jersey City, New Jersey
Marriage Notes for MICHAEL MCDERMOTT and ANNA MURRAY:
Married April 22, 1874
by Rev. J.M. Stone CSP
witnesses John Muligan and Mary Ann McDermott
Children of MICHAEL MCDERMOTT and ANNA MURRAY are:
i. WILLIAM THOMAS3 MCDERMOTT, b. January 31, 1875, New York, New York; d. September 1, 1901, Jersey City, New Jersey, USA.
More About WILLIAM THOMAS MCDERMOTT:
3. ii. JAMES FRANCIS MCDERMOTT, b. July 9, 1877, New York, New York; d. February 19, 1910.
4. iii. MICHAEL ALLOYIUS MCDERMOTT, b. December 1, 1878, New York City, New York, USA; d. April 11, 1932, Jersey City, New Jersey, USA.
iv. MARY MCDERMOTT, b. January 6, 1881; d. June 15, 1887, Jersey City, New Jersey, USA.
Notes for MARY MCDERMOTT:
Mary died on June 15, 1882, aged 1 year, 5 months and 9 days
5. v. JOSEPH MCDERMOTT, b. March 11, 1883, New Jersey; d. December 26, 1922.
vi. ELIZABETH MCDERMOTT, b. October 15, 1884; d. October 16, 1884.
vii. MARY MCDERMOTT, b. May 4, 1886; d. August 1, 1897.
viii. ANNA MCDERMOT, b. January 7, 1888; d. August 9, 1888, Jersey City, New Jersey, USA.
6. ix. ELIZABETH ROSE MCDERMOTT, b. April 27, 1890, New Jersey.
Generation No. 3
3. JAMES FRANCIS3 MCDERMOTT (MICHAEL JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born July 9, 1877 in New York, New York, and died February 19, 1910. He married KATE ?.
Notes for JAMES FRANCIS MCDERMOTT:
Lived at Communipaw Avenue, ward 4,
In 1910 he was a border at the home of John Kinney.
He was 40 years old in 1910.
Parents born in New Jersey.
Worked on the electric railway as a labourer.
Buried in Holy Name Cemetery, Jersey City, New Jersey
Children of JAMES MCDERMOTT and KATE ? are:
i. HELEN4 MCDERMOTT, m. JOSEPH KLINGER.
ii. ANNA MCDERMOTT, b. 1905; d. September 6, 1922.
Notes for ANNA MCDERMOTT:
buried in Holy Name Cemetery, Jersey City, New Jersey
iii. KATHERINE MCDERMOTT, b. 1907; d. September 30, 1926.
Notes for KATHERINE MCDERMOTT:
buried in Holy Name Cemetery, Jersey City, New Jersey.
4. MICHAEL ALLOYIUS3 MCDERMOTT (MICHAEL JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born December 1, 1878 in New York City, New York, USA, and died April 11, 1932 in Jersey City, New Jersey, USA. He married ELIZABETH JANE BRADY, daughter of DENNIS BRADY and CHARLOTTE VASSER. She was born February 12, 1880 in Jersey City, New Jersey, USA, and died April 10, 1950 in Bergenfield, New Jersey, USA.
Notes for MICHAEL ALLOYIUS MCDERMOTT:
Michael MacDermott had an engineering degree???
Worked in a type foundry.
Lived on 281 Siedler Street, Jersey City Ward 8 Hudson county
Also lived at 590 Bramhall Ave, Jersey city, USA
Buried in Holy Name Cemetery 823 West Side Avenue, Jersey City New Jersey Block S Section K Grave 37
Notes for ELIZABETH JANE BRADY:
Lived at 89 Liberty Road, Bergenfield, New Jersey.
Buried at Holy Name Cemetery, Jersey City, New Jersey, USA
worked in a pencil factory
Children of MICHAEL MCDERMOTT and ELIZABETH BRADY are:
7. i. ANNA4 MCDERMOTT, b. 1904.
ii. WILLIAM MCDERMOTT, b. December 7, 1906.
More About WILLIAM MCDERMOTT:
born December 7 ?
iii. WILLIAM'S TWIN, b. December 7, 1906; d. 1906.
8. iv. CHARLOTTE ELIZABETH MCDERMOTT, b. January 22, 1908, Jersey City, New Jersey, USA; d. December 7, 1985, New Jersey, USA.
5. JOSEPH3 MCDERMOTT (MICHAEL JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born March 11, 1883 in New Jersey, and died December 26, 1922. He married MARY DOROTHY MCDERMOTT. She was born in USA.
Notes for JOSEPH MCDERMOTT:
Was a mason.
Is buried in Holy Name Cemetery, Jersey City, New Jersey
Children of JOSEPH MCDERMOTT and MARY MCDERMOTT are:
i. HAROLD4 MCDERMOTT.
ii. JOSEPH MCDERMOTT, b. May 24, 1906; d. May 25, 1906, Jersey City, New Jersey, USA.
6. ELIZABETH ROSE3 MCDERMOTT (MICHAEL JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born April 27, 1890 in New Jersey. She married WILFRED FURLONG.
Children of ELIZABETH MCDERMOTT and WILFRED FURLONG are:
i. ROBERT4 FURLONG.
More About ROBERT FURLONG:
was at Pearl Harbour
ii. WILFRED "BILLY" FURLONG.
More About WILFRED "BILLY" FURLONG:
was at Pearl Harbour
9. iii. EILEEN FURLONG.
Generation No. 4
7. ANNA4 MCDERMOTT (MICHAEL ALLOYIUS3, MICHAEL JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born 1904. She married GEORGE DEPERSIA. He was born August 13, 1901 in New York, and died February 3, 1988 in Lyndhurst, New Jersey.
More About GEORGE DEPERSIA:
also spelled Dipersano
Children of ANNA MCDERMOTT and GEORGE DEPERSIA are:
i. GEORGE5 DIPERSIA.
10. ii. PATRICIA DIPERSIA, b. New York City, New York, USA.
8. CHARLOTTE ELIZABETH4 MCDERMOTT (MICHAEL ALLOYIUS3, MICHAEL JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) was born January 22, 1908 in Jersey City, New Jersey, USA, and died December 7, 1985 in New Jersey, USA. She married ALEXANDER JOSEPH MCLEAN April 15, 1933 in Jersey City, New Jersey, USA, son of MICHAEL MCLEAN and LUCY MACKINNON. He was born July 30, 1907 in Hobokan, New Jersey, and died December 14, 1986 in New Jersey, USA.
Notes for CHARLOTTE ELIZABETH MCDERMOTT:
Charlotte was baptized on February 2, 1908, by Rev. S.A. Cloffy
sponsor was Elizabeth McDermott
Notes for ALEXANDER JOSEPH MCLEAN:
Alexander and Charlotte lived at 39 Marcy Place
Apartment 54 A Bronx, New York City
New York, USA
soon after they were married.
Marriage Notes for CHARLOTTE MCDERMOTT and ALEXANDER MCLEAN:
married by J.J. O'Brian witnesses were Cornelius McLean and Margaret Morris
Children of CHARLOTTE MCDERMOTT and ALEXANDER MCLEAN are:
11. i. CAROL LUCILLE5 MCLEAN, b. December 29, 1937, Bronx, New York, USA.
12. ii. DONALD JOSEPH MCLEAN, b. August 8, 1939, Bronx, New York, USA.
iii. MARGARET MARY MCLEAN, b. August 1, 1943, Dumont, New Jersey, USA; m. (1) JAMES DUNLAP; m. (2) GEORGE BLACK, 1994, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
9. EILEEN4 FURLONG (ELIZABETH ROSE3 MCDERMOTT, MICHAEL JOSEPH2, WILLIAM1) She married JOSEPH WARREN.
Child of EILEEN FURLONG and JOSEPH WARREN is:
i. KATHLEEN "KATHY"5 WARREN.