Search for content in message boards

Smith history

Smith history

Lee J. Smith (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 2002 3:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Sperry
I am looking for descendents of CHARLES SMITH, son of Asa Smith and Julia Ann Trullinger. Charles was born in Vermilion County in 1871, married Cora Fouts and died in 1957. His children included Leslie, Frank, Isa (Sperry).

Re: Smith history

Posted: 20 Dec 2002 6:24PM GMT
Edited: 15 May 2003 1:45PM GMT
Hi;
Do you know who the parents of Julia Trullinger were? Also, where were she and Asa Smith married? I'm looking for info on Julia Ann Drollinger, who was born in Fountain Co. Indiana.
Viola

Marsha McWilliams (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 2002 7:32PM GMT
I have an Asa Smith, b: abt. 1835, Fountain Co, IN (nothing further.) He was the son of an Asa Smith who was a son of Berryman & Elizabeth (Martin) Smith. These Smiths had ties to both Verm. Co, IL and Fountain Co, IN.

I have very sparse information on this line, but would share what I have on the others for anyone who is interested.

Marsha
IL

Posted: 20 Dec 2002 10:01PM GMT
Marsha, Our Asa's are related. My Asa was a son of Martin Smith who was a son of Berryman and Elizabeth. I have info on Berryman parents, wife and children which I can post. if you are interested.

Posted: 20 Dec 2002 10:10PM GMT
Julia Ann Trullinger was the daughter of Abraham Kidd Trullinger. I have this line going back to the Drollingers in Germany. Julia was born 30 Nov. 1829. On 5 Oct 1854 she married Asa Smith in Fountian Co. In. I have Asa's line going back to Virginia as well as their children. Julia
died at the home of her duaghter Della in Danville, Ill and is buried in the Oakwood, IL Cemetery. Stone is easy to find.
Feel free to email me at ljace2smith@hot.mail.com

Marilyn Kinnie (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2003 7:57AM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Peters, Martin
I've got loads of information on the Smith and Martin family dating back to 1497 (I think) to Mertin of Ferndorf.
If you're interested let me know and I'll get the books out and give you the publisher, IBN number, and where to get them.
Marilyn Kinnie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions